sharetrader

Thread: E-minies

Default E-minies

Is anybody trading E-minies (futures on indexes)?

GAZDA

which broker do use to trade E-mini? My Etrade account doesn't support E-mini.

Quote Originally Posted by nzakl View Post
    which broker do use to trade E-mini? My Etrade account doesn't support E-mini.
    Try MF Global. I think they do most of the mini contracts. Could be wrong though..

Thinkorswim platform is trading E-minies.Setting and flow is very user intuitive.Anybody with trading experience?????

I'm just doing some research on the subject. Have been looking at the markets to trade and which platforms. I think TOS is more oriented towards options and seems to be the preferred platform for them. Was looking at tradestation which also seems popular and intuitive with a lot of community support. Unfortunately, I think that you can only use their market data, which is expensive - though a CBOT minis package is only $10USD per month if you're only looking at the minis. Their data packages are limited and don't cover the asian markets. I will possibly now use Interactive Brokers and then choose a compatible platform. That way I can look at more time friendly markets such as Hang Seng mini.

If I was only going to do the emini I would use tradestation with the $10 package. The $99 per month software lease is free on 10 roundtrip trades - Futures - total $45 approx
    Last edited by DTB; 15-02-2011 at 06:02 PM.