Hey guys im stuck for a strategy at the minute so was hoping for your advice and thoughts on my situation. I would think that many of you have found yourself in a similar or the same position over the years.

While studying I managed to accumulate a nice little student loan. After studying i packed my bags and headed overseas. Since that time i have managed to accumulate small holdings in IFT and RYM, totalling approximately half the value of my student loan.

Ideally i would like to expand my exposure to the market aswell as wiping out the loan (keeping in mind that as im overseas i do get charged interest). I plan to start sending money back to NZ, so i see my options as,
- selling up, wiping out half my loan and then repaying the rest as i earn. Then starting again in the market
- Ignoring my student loan entirely and focusing on increasing my portfolio
- Having a foot in each shoe, spend say 50% on the loan and 50% on the portfolio.
- Do neither and continue to spend all my money on having a good time and travelling, which isnt really an option since i already been doing that for the last three years

would be interested in your thoughts