sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Re #1 = Are you wanting to sell your current holdings seeking better returns, or add to them thru regular "dollar cost averaging?"

#2 - You seem switched on, so risk isn't an issue, i also look for higher rewards thru taking on higher risk, but my style is purely FA & i look for low EV style companies that the market hasnt cottoned onto yet.

#3 - Energy is such a large investment area, with oil, gas, unconventional gas, geothermal, coal, uranium + the utilities - plenty of stocks in this area

#4 TA wise there are many threads on here with info on learning sites etc & some very good chartist, there are also plenty of fundies who will post there analysis

#5 How are you funding the OE, what i mean is assuming the shares & properties are left ticking away at the rates you mentioned & those funds are not used, ie a long term plan, or will you simply cease the ongoing funding whilst travelling? seems you have your affairs covered, good stuff

#7 - Kiwisaver comment was just a thought i had, may as well take the free money, im going to just put in 2% in my next role

#8 Great you have such goals, i recommend you get/read Martin Hawes book, "Get Rich, Stay Rich" (& become financially free), otherwise next time you're in Wellington, let me know & you can have my copy.

Be good to meet you at a future Wellington Sharetrader event, there are some great people here in the Nations Capital!
    Shasta thanks again for your posts. I have spent some time looking at other threads with advice you have given other novices like me.

#1 At this stage planing on holding my current position and potentially adding to them. Looking at increasing my holding in RYM, currently a smaller portion of my portfolio. In a post I mentioned i'm looking at investing another 10k. I am thinking two parcels of 5K. What would you recommend to be efficient sized parcels to Buy given the small capital available.

#5 The OE... This is the big one. My current idea for funding the OE is probably going to get beaten up. I am planing on reducing my debt before I go so I have 20k of the flexi available as a safety net for the properties and to fund the OE if I really get stuck (not my preferred option). The primary funding will be from my annual bonus at work, my accrued annual leave as a payout and selling my car. Should land me with 10-13 to play with. OE is going to be a working one!

#8 I have added the book to my Fishpond watchlist! Thanks for offer tho.

Looking forward to meeting people at the ST events. Keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRed View Post
    Shasta thanks again for your posts. I have spent some time looking at other threads with advice you have given other novices like me.

#1 At this stage planing on holding my current position and potentially adding to them. Looking at increasing my holding in RYM, currently a smaller portion of my portfolio. In a post I mentioned i'm looking at investing another 10k. I am thinking two parcels of 5K. What would you recommend to be efficient sized parcels to Buy given the small capital available.

#5 The OE... This is the big one. My current idea for funding the OE is probably going to get beaten up. I am planing on reducing my debt before I go so I have 20k of the flexi available as a safety net for the properties and to fund the OE if I really get stuck (not my preferred option). The primary funding will be from my annual bonus at work, my accrued annual leave as a payout and selling my car. Should land me with 10-13 to play with. OE is going to be a working one!

#8 I have added the book to my Fishpond watchlist! Thanks for offer tho.

Looking forward to meeting people at the ST events. Keep me posted.
    5k over two shares seems sensible, you wouldnt want to spread it any thinner.

How you any ideas what you are looking at?

5k over two shares seems sensible, you wouldnt want to spread it any thinner.

How you any ideas what you are looking at?
    I am considering increasing my holdings in RYM.
    Any ideas on other companies that might suit my situ? Got some free time this week so will get stuck into a bit more research.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRed View Post
    I am considering increasing my holdings in RYM.
    Any ideas on other companies that might suit my situ? Got some free time this week so will get stuck into a bit more research.
    RYM is a well run company & a sector that is only going to get bigger when the baby boomers retire, so thats a good choice

I'll tell you about the companies im looking at, mostly off my LOW EV list, so you can check the relevant threads

MOX - Copper/Gold, Iron Ore, Manganese, Uranium, Bauxite
    HLX - Iron Ore, Gold, Uranium, Base Metals
    AYN/ARD - Silver near term producers ( i am very bullish on silver)
    DGR - IPOing 3 companies covering Copper/Moly, Gold/Silver & Shale Gas - primary exposure to Gold & Copper/Moly

Others off the LOW EV list include: WCN, GES, GMM, CZN, LCR, FRY, AIV, AXE, SPQ

RYM is a well run company & a sector that is only going to get bigger when the baby boomers retire, so thats a good choice

I'll tell you about the companies im looking at, mostly off my LOW EV list, so you can check the relevant threads

MOX - Copper/Gold, Iron Ore, Manganese, Uranium, Bauxite
    HLX - Iron Ore, Gold, Uranium, Base Metals
    AYN/ARD - Silver near term producers ( i am very bullish on silver)
    DGR - IPOing 3 companies covering Copper/Moly, Gold/Silver & Shale Gas - primary exposure to Gold & Copper/Moly

Others off the LOW EV list include: WCN, GES, GMM, CZN, LCR, FRY, AIV, AXE, SPQ
    Cheers Shasta. I will do some research over the next week and have a look around the threads on here. Watch out for the odd question...

Thanks!