sharetrader
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Someone has been feeding out CAJ at 5.4 over the past few days, once this seller goes it may move higher
    There has been no trading on CAJ all day until at 3.18pm when $0.054 was taken out.

Literally less than 1 minute later the seller had reloaded another 200k at $0.054

How can you possibly be that quick at placing an order to ensure that you have a new order waiting at 5.4?

and who is do this constant 5.4 selling?
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

There has been no trading on CAJ all day until at 3.18pm when $0.054 was taken out.

Literally less than 1 minute later the seller had reloaded another 200k at $0.054

How can you possibly be that quick at placing an order to ensure that you have a new order waiting at 5.4?
    Steve,

Sounds like a distribution Algo / Order type, so more than likely automated and set with a timer also.

Have come across many variations of algo's both on the buy and the sell side on a few different stocks.

So they do exist and they are floating around on quite a few variations of stocks.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Steve,

Sounds like a distribution Algo / Order type, so more than likely automated and set with a timer also.

Have come across many variations of algo's both on the buy and the sell side on a few different stocks.

So they do exist and they are floating around on quite a few variations of stocks.
    THanks for the explanation Drilly.

I think you are right and it must be some sort of Algo - unless someone is sitting at their computer with a sell order already to go at 5.4 to be executed as soon as 5.4 is wiped, I don't know how you could physically reload at 5.4 so quickly.

Would you have an algo set up for $5k / $10k parcels of shares though?
    Last edited by steve fleming; 02-04-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Would you have an algo set up for $5k / $10k parcels of shares though?

It depends Steve, but Sure, why not, it depends on the trader and what platform, or even the stock that may trade awkwardly for some buyers/sellers whom want to be close to the bid/sell/last as possible.

Here is a pic of the Algo setup, which basically is to be configured to achieve whatever the goal is.

Check it out >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/d...rr8q8_ALGO.png

See all the parameters, basically all the settings or parameters combining the information to make up one order to achieve the one objective.

Just make one, and set and forget until its completed its mission.
    Last edited by drillfix; 02-04-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    It depends Steve, but Sure, why not, it depends on the trader and what platform.

Here is a pic of the Algo setup, which basically is to be configured to achieve whatever the goal is.

Check it out >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/d...rr8q8_ALGO.png

See all the parameters, basically all the settings or parameters combining the information to make up one order to achieve the one objective.

Just make one, and set and forget until its completed its mission.

Interesting! thanks Drilly!

Advanced Member

That was me SF. Got that one out and then saw another 200K appear. Just buying some for more franking credits. There is a MAX of $5000 franking credits for people like me that don't hold to the 45 days rule of holding.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    That was me SF. Got that one out and then saw another 200K appear. Just buying some for more franking credits. There is a MAX of $5000 franking credits for people like me that don't hold to the 45 days rule of holding.
    Ahhh of course.

So Steve if in doubt, just point to Souly, he is everywhere :P

So you bought the 5.4c parcel Soulman?

Did you see how the next 200k at 5.4 popped up like a minute later?

Advanced Member

Yep, very quick (less than a minute). I only bought it because I saw the 200K buy order at 5.3 pop up and decided to up the ante and just chase them instead of letting them come to me. Ex-div of $0.002 cents on 4th Apr.

Bot selling definitely like Drill say and obviously maybe from IMI execs trying to cash out a little bit for 5.4 cents.
    Last edited by soulman; 02-04-2012 at 06:21 PM.

percy

Yep, very quick (less than a minute). I only bought it because I saw the 200K buy order at 5.3 pop up and decided to up the ante and just chase them instead of letting them come to me. Ex-div of $0.002 cents on 4th Apr.

Bot selling definitely like Drill say and obviously maybe from IMI execs trying to cash out a little bit for 5.4 cents.
    I do not have the paperwork in front of me as I took it into the broker today to convert my CAJOs before the 10th April to get the divie.?
    10th or 4th.?
    Gee Whiz you guys are real fast on the trigger.!!!