sharetrader
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

If mr value growth had a high risk portfolio.. having the cash fund for the kiwis saver is a great idea...
    This is exactly what I've done...
    Looking to put the kiwis saver into the highest risk when I think its turned...
    cc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    If mr value growth had a high risk portfolio.. having the cash fund for the kiwis saver is a great idea...
    This is exactly what I've done...
    Looking to put the kiwis saver into the highest risk when I think its turned...
    cc
    The problem is no one really knows when the market has bottomed out. Likewise, for Mr Value in a cash position, the relevant question would be what did he do for the past 10 years or so hold funds in cash? He would missed a lot of potential gains which is to say holding cash during this period is a poor strategy.

As I always say, cash is ONLY king if you're made the move TO cash in 'right timing'. Likewise, move the cash into equities is a problem of the same timing.

Guru

"As an ESG/sustainable manager – they are naturally going to be avoiding things that have not performed relatively well. Oil, airlines and gambling are avoided – and they are parts of the market that have been hardest hit. In fact our head of ESG investing in the US has been highlighting research that ESG tilted funds are performing better than general funds."
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...y+8+April+2020

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    "As an ESG/sustainable manager – they are naturally going to be avoiding things that have not performed relatively well. Oil, airlines and gambling are avoided – and they are parts of the market that have been hardest hit. In fact our head of ESG investing in the US has been highlighting research that ESG tilted funds are performing better than general funds."
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...y+8+April+2020
    Same rubbish, industry approach, for portfolio management I see pushed out by the Finance industry worldwide. Certainly not a view that Buffet (or any reputable hedge fund manager) would advise. No one bases their retirement investment on a 3 or 6 month focus where 'conservative' balanced funds have outperformed aggressive allocated funds. It's so obvious to understand that.

Oil and airlines etc have been crushed... the question to the smart investor is.. where will those asset prices be in 5 or 10 years time? I believe Ben Graham mentioned that you always allocate enough funds to buy at times of distress because the stats show, people have short term memories. Bear markets don't last nearly as long as Bull markets do and judging any investment over how much you have allocated between equities & cash is pointless unless you have the nerve to buy in a bear market and sell in the bull market.

Guru

Well done Juno,wow who would have guessed aggressive fund ?
    https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU20...+15+April+2020

How’s everyone going here with trying to time the bottom...?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    How’s everyone going here with trying to time the bottom...?
    I suspect some FOMO happening

Is it wise to put funds offshore when NZD is weak?
    https://www.interest.co.nz/kiwisaver...d-offshore-new

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Is it wise to put funds offshore when NZD is weak?
    https://www.interest.co.nz/kiwisaver...d-offshore-new
    You mean with a weak NZD to the USD, is it wise for CURRENT investors to send their $ abroad? The more appropriate question would be, what has NZ done in the past 10 or 20 years in terms of NZD/USD exchange rate and will the NZD get weaker in the coming 10 to 20 years? Look at the trend, the NZD is not getting stronger and look with your eyes, NZ's standard of living has not improved compared to what has happened in America.

When 70% of ALL monies around the world in terms of value is US dollars, why would holding USD be such a concern or... such a negative?

The article makes no mention about NZ's tax approach that discriminates investors choosing tax free NZ real estate vs buying shares. It is of no surprise those knowledgeable in investing shares choose to invest abroad (question the Kiwi Saver fund managers that the article mentions why).

Let's question with the table's turned around. Why are US investors (or those on the international front) are NOT investing in the NZ sharemarket? If the appeal for investors all over the world look to the US to invest, what does that tell you?

Back in February I exchanged a large portion of my NZD to USD, at a time when the NZD use to be 0.68 some months prior. Was I thinking the NZD was weak? Yes. Was I thinking the NZD will get weaker over the long long term? YES!

Guru

Compounded by "dumb" fund managers not actively managing the risks of under performance
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/434...content=link-1