sharetrader
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Dilettante

I have just looked at my Kiwisaver holdings in some detail. I am invested in Simplicity Growth Fund. I find it alarming that 2 of Simplicity's own schemes, appear in the top 10 holdings overall and number 1 & 3 in their NZ portfolio.
    Here are the 10 biggest holdings from highest to lowest: Apple, Microsoft, Simplicity Living Ltd, Fisher & Paykel, Simplicity Home Mortgages, NVIDIA , Spark, Infratil, Meridian.

I have been happy with this fund to date but this recent change concerns me. I don't like how Sam Stubbs can just decide where, when and how he wants to "do the right thing" and invest a large proportion of our Kiwisaver money into his schemes. As an example, his 2 schemes combined hold more of my Kiwisaver than any of the other holdings in the fund, including Apple, Microsoft & NVIDIA.

What do others think about this ?
    Last edited by iceman; 05-03-2024 at 07:47 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have just looked at my Kiwisaver holdings in some detail. I am invested in Simplicity Growth Fund. I find it alarming that 2 of Simplicity's own schemes, appear in the top 10 holdings overall and number 1 & 3 in their NZ portfolio.
    Here are the 10 biggest holdings from highest to lowest: Apple, Microsoft, Simplicity Living Ltd, Fisher & Paykel, Simplicity Home Mortgages, NVIDIA , Spark, Infratil, Meridian.

I have been happy with this fund to date but this has recently changed and I don't like how Sam Stubbs can just decide where, when and how he wants to "do the right thing" and invest a large proportion of our Kiwisaver money into his schemes. As an example, his 2 schemes combined hold more of my Kiwisaver than any of the other holdings in the fund, including Apple, Microsoft & NVIDIA.

What do others think about this ?
    It's not so much "passive investment" is it if he can move the money into his own projects .

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    It's not so much "passive investment" is it if he can move the money into his own projects .
    No definitely not. I think its time to do some research for an alternative. Then when I looked further down the list, Simplicity Living Limited Redeemable Preference shares appear at 13th biggest holding. More alarm bells !
    Last edited by iceman; 08-03-2024 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No definitely not. I think its time to do some research for an alternative. Then when I looked further down the list, Simplicity Living Limited Redeemable Preference shares appear at 13th biggest holding. More alarms !
    Same boat as you, except it’s my kids accounts, which have a pretty good whack in them, through good fortune rather than intentional. Wanted to switch them to Kernel but they still don’t offer kids accounts. MoneyKingNZ tries to review the different options while staying neutral.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by audiav View Post
    Same boat as you, except it’s my kids accounts, which have a pretty good whack in them, through good fortune rather than intentional. Wanted to switch them to Kernel but they still don’t offer kids accounts. MoneyKingNZ tries to review the different options while staying neutral.
    Just received an advice from Simplicity saying my money has been transferred from them. I am pleased as I am alarmed at what is happening to Simplicity's Kiwsaver funds.