sharetrader
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That is tough. Especially if you exceeded the threshold based on passive income from an historic period which included rent or dividends and interest that may now have been cancelled or reduced as a result of Covid.
    Yeah, they need to do something about the partner rules. Last thing I want is to have to dip into my future retirement savings. The wife paid her taxes for years and she should be entitled to the same benefits as the woman next door whose husband wasted all his money down the pub. Why should they get benefit and not us. Penalised for being careful with money.

Guru

Now this is hard to beat.100% in first year
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...+November+2020

Guru

Contrarian rules coming up?
    "capital allocation, that people will re-up with managers who have won in the last year, and they will not allocate to managers who have lost. And we know that that's actually a losing strategy, that you do worse that way because of regression to the mean, and you're not taking luck into account, and you're just thinking about short-term results, in terms of as opposed to process.

Certainly true and-- you don't want to do this in options trading, as well. Whether you're up or down in a particular moment should matter very little. But it's a real mistake that we make and it's a weakness of human decision-making."
    https://finance.yahoo.com/video/form...090000863.html

Guru

"In a conservative fund, they would end up with about $185,000, or $151 a week, compared to $272,000 or $222 a week in a growth fund."
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...nvestment-risk

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    "The recovery showed a market downturn was the worst time to switch funds, Murphy said. “It demonstrates the importance of long-term investment strategies for what is supposed to be a long-term investment.”
    "The problem was that many of those investors sold out of things like shares at the low point of the market, when they were worth less than they had been for years. They then shifted into funds that largely invested in things like term deposits and cash – and weren’t in the market when it rebounded afterwards.Some switched back but it was too late to save the lost money.
    This has made a tangible difference to balances, and to the end result that many of these people will have at retirement. One financial adviser estimated that people who panic-sold missed out on combined $3.5 billion in retirement savings."
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 27-12-2020 at 12:12 PM.

I did switch my Milford but went from the Growth fund to the aggressive fund and upped my contributions

I switched from Generate after they thought investing Kiwisaver funds into Social housing was a good idea. 1.5% returns for a feel good factor? No thanx, not with my money.

Guru

I am currently in the Balanced fund of a Big Bank scheme. The big bank is about to close its dedicated online portal for KiwiSaver account detailed information. The information available on the Internet Banking site is not very transparent and is in summary form with no information on units held or unit prices. So it will have insufficient information for updating the spreadsheet. Has anybody got any particular scheme recommendations? I see Milford were top in Canstar's 2020 review.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-03-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Simplicity. Switched from GMK and very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am currently in the Balanced fund of a Big Bank scheme. The big bank is about to close its dedicated online portal for KiwiSaver account detailed information. The information available on the Internet Banking site is not very transparent and is in summary form with no information on units held or unit prices. So it will have insufficient information for updating the spreadsheet. Has anybody got any particular scheme recommendations? I see Milford were top in Canstar's 2020 review.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Simplicity. Switched from GMK and very happy.
    Cheers I will send them an Email with various questions.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.