sharetrader

Hybrid View

My Kiwisaver started in early 2010. 100% cash fund. I feel like I should adjust my kiwisaver now. Is it wise to keep 100% cash? Are there any risks?Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 21-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    My Kiwisaver started in early 2010. 100% cash fund. I feel like I should adjust my kiwisaver now. Is it wise to keep 100% cash? Are there any risks?Thanks in advance.
    Are you pulling my leg as your name doesn't suggest someone who would be in cash mr valuegrowth

With the power of hindsight I would have suggested a growth fund from 2010 to Dec 2019 and then a move to cash.

Cash right now to me would seem the best option but it will depend on what central banks do. they have been working hard to debase currencies to clear debts but have been unsuccessful so far. I am not wise so take my ramblings with a grain of salt I would suggest a move to growth or balanced fund might be good sometime in the future but not yet as the virus might only be the pin that pricks the debt bubble. I believe the debt bubble is what the financial markets are really scared of.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ggle-with-debt

Personally my Kiwisaver will remain ultra conservative unless we go to negative interest rates or suggestions of a currency crisis.
    When to move to growth is impossible to know but personally I don't think it is just yet.