Quote Originally Posted by arcticblue View Post
I see they have a management fee of 0.65%. The smartFONZ etc also have a management fee of about 0.6%. Are you going to be stung twice for management fees, I couldn't see anything that said you wouldn't be.
I never thought of that. However, this would be the same for most funds wouldn't it except those that invest directly. Ie. the fee you see is for the admin of the fund, and does not include the fees of any of the funds they invest in. Having said that, I would have though Smartkiwi got a volume discount off the smartFonz fees fund.
Quote Originally Posted by arcticblue View Post
It's probably worth back testing the shares and seeing how it performs with a 200 day MA. FNZ.NZ is smartFONZ, I'm sure it is possible to find the other ones too.
Also how often can you change between the different funds, it may be restricted to x times per year?
I would also check how many switches you get per year.

The question has made me think. Does anybody have a kiwisaver stategy. Given the long term, locked in nature of the investment, I have always thought of it as a set and forget type of investment. Now that it 5 figure sum, it probably pays to think about it more.

http://www.superlifekiwisaver.co.nz/...ntoptions.aspx could be another option. they have low fees and free, unlimited switching.