sharetrader
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p2r View Post
    I definately am trying to ride the switches with superlife - there seems no limit and do it on the internet for no cost.
    How long do switchs with superlife take?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I have tried changing from one smartkiwi plan to another and it has been 9 working days and switch still has not been processed. I am thinking this is taking way to long so will be looking at switching providers.

How long does it take to switch between plans with other kiwisaver providers?
    You make your own luck.

Superlife: They seem to do it at least weekly, sometimes seems faster like the next day. The prices similarly are about weekly. You get an e mail back almost instantly but you can go on and see the prices in your account realtime as well as how the different proportions of different funds. eg if you have 50% cash, 50% NZ shares next week it may be 49% Cash and 51% NZ shares.

I see they now have a emerging markets fund unhedged but no details yet. I like a fund like that because it can be a great hedge on all my NZ assets including my salary.

I have applied to switch my Kiwisaver funds to Superlife. However it is taking forever to move my Kiwisaver funds across to it. Sigh.
    You make your own luck.

Two months+ to get my funds transfered across from one provider to another but finally with super-life kiwisaver. Went to customize my allocations will see howlong it takes to do the switch.
    You make your own luck.

I customised my allocation with superlife last week. I did it online and had a email later the same day with my updated portfolio allocations effective same day. Was quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I customised my allocation with superlife last week. I did it online and had a email later the same day with my updated portfolio allocations effective same day. Was quite impressed.
    Hi Anonymous did you just receieve an email say that allocation had been updated or was it confirming that your investments pools had been changed?

When I changed mine the other day I got a confirmation email saying that I had just changed my allocations however my investments on pool by pool basis had not changed.

When I checked today my investments by pool had changed to my new allocations. Good work supperlife a one day turn around! However this maby just a fluke or they do there transfers every firday or something. If any one else has some more info on there transfer schedule please share it on the thread.
    You make your own luck.

Hi lou. I made the change online around midday and received an immediate automated email confirming receipt of my request to change my allocations. Then at 9am the next day I received an email confirming the changes had been made the day before with a statement attached showing the actual dollar allocations as at that day.

I only recently joined kiwisaver so there wasn't a lot of money to move around but either way I was very impressed how quickly they actioned the request. I also like the way you can see what actual shares they have invested in in each sector (as at 30 June). I don't know how often this is updated though.

Hi Lou

I have been with Superlife for over 3 years and have changed my investment strategy about 4 times. Each time it has been changed within 1-2 days, so a very quick process. I highly recommend Superlife as they have good customer service and everything is straightforward and clear.

Yes they update the portfolios pdfs about monthly.
    I have made about 10% this year in the Gemino growth one but I am currently switched to mostly cash & bonds which is good as that fund has dropped about 10% lately. Got the last $1000 last month from the govt which was a nice boost. I have been in 2 years and have contributed $5000, employer the same, $3000 from govt and $1000 return ... nearly 200% on my investment so just keeping a head of inflation so far and a bit! $28.75 fees $166 tax. Too good to last I know but a decent start.
    They are mostly passive funds but I have probably switched 12 times a year, and the kids $1000 ones a bit. It's amazing really what they will do compared to my ASB superscheme.
    I see they are suggesting putting only enough into kiwisaver this year to get the $512 from the government and then freeze & put the rest into a super scheme that is available sooner ie before 65. Interesting.