sharetrader
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    , , New Zealand.
    Posts
    80

    Default unhedged overseas shares

    Does anyone know of any provider that does more than 50% (ideally I want 100%) of overseas shares unhedged and Australian shares aren't included in that.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Super life has a pool for overseas shares unhedged, they also have one pool for overseas shares hedged.
    You make your own luck.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    , , New Zealand.
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Man Gemino up 15% or so last few months, inconceivable!.

    Yes I think having unhedged overseas shares in your kiwisaver is easy and balances your $NZ assets like bank deposits, australasian shares, your house and job.

    With Superlife you can choose between 1 and 100% of any pool. There is also an emerging markets pool which meets the overseas unhedged criteria. I think the ethical fund has quite a lot of unhedged overseas shares and bonds - oh no only 25% at the moment. It's all there on the website.

    Overseas shares is currently 50% US, 10% Japan. Mobil, Apple, IBM, Nestle, AT &T Microsoft, Chevron, General Electric etc

    Emerging markets is in funds with in decending order 13% China, Brazil, India, Taiwan, Korea, South Africa 8%, Mexico, Russia, Poland

    Anyway why are the Greens wanting the government to offer a cheap Kiwisaver option run in a non profit manner when there is Superlife which already does that?
    And why don't PSIS & Kiwibank use Superlife who are the best and cheapest and local...?
    In fact if the big default institutions used Superlife and charged their 3% and cost is 1% surely they would make more money? I don't know...

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    @p2r crazy that Gemino is up %15. I would not think that I was expecting they would of had a horrible couple of months.

    I personally have not been in the Gemino fund as I have been risk adverse the last couple of months. Crap, LOL.

    Pacific Edge Biotech (PEB) holds 16.7% of Gemino's assets and they are up 38% the past month. So that is a big chunk of the gain. However they would still have to invested the other 83.3% well. So Cudos to them.

    I like the emerging markets pool at superlife. It is quite hard to invest in emerging markets from NZ so this is an easy option


    Discl: Superlife Pools;
    25% Cash
    25% NZ Bonds
    25% Overseas Government Bonds
    25% Overseas Bonds
    You make your own luck.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    106

    Default

    KiwiWealth or Gareth Morgan Kiwisaver has a Growth investment direction which is 85% MSCI AC of which only 50% is hedged back to NZD.

    This is the best fund out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by frostyboy View Post
    Does anyone know of any provider that does more than 50% (ideally I want 100%) of overseas shares unhedged and Australian shares aren't included in that.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    KiwiWealth or Gareth Morgan Kiwisaver has a Growth investment direction which is 85% MSCI AC of which only 50% is hedged back to NZD.

    This is the best fund out there.

    What are the fees on that fund? I see the Superlife overseas fund no longer passively tracks the MSCI ex AUST index since they've rolled the fund into their own ETF products.

    BTW you're responding to a post from five years ago, hopefully they've already chosen a fund!

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    KiwiWealth or Gareth Morgan Kiwisaver has a Growth investment direction which is 85% MSCI AC of which only 50% is hedged back to NZD.

    This is the best fund out there.
    I got one of these, in the last 12 months it has lost money. I would have agreed with you 12 months ago.

  8. #28
    Advanced Member Valuegrowth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,895

    Default

    Among kiwi savor providers, which ones will manage funds prudently with minimum risk?
    Which providers will give you the opportunity to manage your own kiwi savor money yourself?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 02-06-2018 at 07:24 PM.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Among kiwi savor providers, which ones will manage funds prudently with minimum risk?
    Which providers will give you the opportunity to manage your own kiwi savor money yourself?
    Thanks.
    None of them. They are all managed funds of some sort, you have little direct control over the fine grain details of where your money is invested, and they all diversify to reduce risk. If you are that worried about managing it yourself, just put the bare minimum to get the "free" govt money (I think it's $1043? to get $512) into one and invest the rest of your money elsewhere yourself where you have complete control.

  10. #30
    Investor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    None of them. They are all managed funds of some sort, you have little direct control over the fine grain details of where your money is invested, and they all diversify to reduce risk. If you are that worried about managing it yourself, just put the bare minimum to get the "free" govt money (I think it's $1043? to get $512) into one and invest the rest of your money elsewhere yourself where you have complete control.
    $1,042.86 to receive $521.43 MTC. The Kiwisaver year is 1 Jul - 30 Jun

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •