Hi Guys,

I've had money in equities for a few years now and have done pretty well. I managed to get in right about at the bottom (all luck at that point). And have made a decent return. I currently have shares in TWR FBU NZX and MCK(bad buy but doesn't seem to be going anywhere and pays dividends of a bit more than a savings account). I also carry about a 3rd of my portfolio in a PIE call account.

However, interest rates are crap right now, and I'd really like to be making more than what I am with my call account. I am planing to start a business around 2.5 years from now and most of this portfolio will need to be liquidated in order to do that. So I'm willing to take on some risk, but I can't take on too much beacause I need to be able to take all the capital out and don't want to take a big hit when I do.

What can you guys recomend for the cash I currently have in the call account? Debt securities interest me but I haven't traded in them before. Would buying a few bonds of various risks and returns that mature within my 2.5 year time frame make sense? I would love to hear your thoughts on my portfolio as a whole, and what moves I should be making.

Thanks,

Noso