• Goff is just an idiot

2,147,483,658 100.00%
  • Epic fail for Labour

1,935 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The main reason that savvy politicians, like John Key, and others avoided capital gains tax is the bottom line - you will get a return from the winners, less all their costs - but you will spend most of it on the losers, who will be experts on how and what to claim. And the cost of multitude of public servants you will need to operate the system will only be offset by the reduction in unemployment ( of public servants). Simple tax systems like GST are far more efficient at taking money from the public to fund the public. Imagine the rise in "cash jobs" if there is capital gains tax. I will have to pay more than two bottles of my Jim Beam to get my driveway restored after a storm. I may have to go to Jack Daniels by four and that costs me $40 to make. It might be cheaper to concrete my driveway but I would have to find a concrete truck driver who will drop his left overs as he passed.
    That all depends on the rules that would be adopted. That's an unknown.

Permanent Newbie

Can someone update Bill English and all the self-centred, selfish retards who voted National at the last elections.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news/...cid=spartanntp

National will probably propose raising the GST rate again as they seem to prefer regressive taxes to progressive ones.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Can someone update Bill English and all the self-centred, selfish retards who voted National at the last elections.

National will probably propose raising the GST rate again as they seem to prefer regressive taxes to progressive ones.
    That is 46% of NZ voters you are so graciously talking about ! Talk about sore losers.

Banned

A lot of those so called retards are the ones that keep this country going by providing jobs for those who want to work, in contrast to a lot of the no hopers who voted for the other side who simply want to suck of the taxes of the hard working via benefits.

Legend

GST is not regressive. It is a flat tax.

If I could be bothered updating Bill English I'd be asking him to introduce an Effort Index. That is, an index which shows how much effort people put into their lives and measure their decision making. We could then over lay the Effort Index with the Income Index and get a much clearer picture of Inequality.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That is 46% of NZ voters you are so graciously talking about ! Talk about sore losers.
    It is what it is we all had our say for the next three years no point getting upset about it. I hope Winston goes with National. If I am right about a financial market collapse in the near future whoever is in power at the time will probably get blamed.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If I could be bothered updating Bill English I'd be asking him to introduce an Effort Index. That is, an index which shows how much effort people put into their lives and measure their decision making. We could then over lay the Effort Index with the Income Index and get a much clearer picture of Inequality.
    I put a lot of "effort" into my posts on sharetrader but you might have to weigh effort against usefulness, benefit to society or productivity.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    GST is not regressive. It is a flat tax.
    We have been over this and I have explained it to you, that is all I can do unfortunately.

Legend

We have been over this and I have explained it to you, that is all I can do unfortunately.
    There is nothing to explain. GST is a flat tax of 15%. That is precisely what the end user pays. Full stop.