1,935 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101 LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You are sick. Get some help.
    Many thanks for your concern.

Permanent Newbie

If true Chippy's plan is to take GST off fresh food. Good to see Chippy is "In It For Us".

He rules out a capital gains tax like the spineless wimp he is proving to be. Then looks to buy votes with an idea even his own advisors think is dumb. I guess Chippy understands that at least some of the voting public is even dumber.

Has Chippy asked all the hard working Kiwis how residential rents being exempt from GST has helped with their budgeting? I guess not.

Our oligopolistic supermarket chains will be the only ones possibly benefiting from GST being taken of fresh food, hopefully the 15% increase in margin offsets all the d*cking around with the GST changes.

Chippy desperately introducing dumb ideas to buy votes from idiots does not sound like he is "in it for us" Chippy is desperate to hang onto power and has just shown he does not give a f*ck for the country as a whole. Actions speak louder than slogans Chippy.

Mind you I do not think he is better or worse than any of the others. They all have to pander to the worst in us to get elected.
    Last edited by Aaron; 30-07-2023 at 09:19 AM.

Permanent Newbie

He sounds like the type of guy we need running the country.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...A7FSN3O4UFBQE/

Colin Maiden knows how to introduce a capital gains tax.

he supports a moderate capital gains tax – “maybe about half the normal tax rate”; probably a few other implementation issues to be addressed.

I can hear all the dummy lefties now saying the wealthy (captial) should not be paying tax at half of what poor people (labour) are paying.

Half is better than the current "nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    He sounds like the type of guy we need running the country.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...A7FSN3O4UFBQE/

Colin Maiden knows how to introduce a capital gains tax.

he supports a moderate capital gains tax – “maybe about half the normal tax rate”; probably a few other implementation issues to be addressed.

I can hear all the dummy lefties now saying the wealthy (captial) should not be paying tax at half of what poor people (labour) are paying.

Half is better than the current "nothing".
    I agree, after all places like Australia and Canada have CGT for donkey years. When I left Canada pre-2000, the CGT was 75% of the gain is taxable income (currently, 50% or half is taxable income, same in Australia).

I think there's an unspoken problem why CGT has become so difficult to implement in NZ. That's is due to that around the area of share investments, we already have taxation on it. If your Kiwi Saver invests in overseas shares in America, it will have FIF which is worse than a CGT, but rather a tax on paper gains (and on years like last year where the market went -20%, well it gets to do another 2nd round of taxing for 2023 when the market goes positive). You could be paying FIF on say +10% return in 2023 yet your portfolio would not have reached the end year 2021 high, which essentially robs the potential compound interest. I would put my $ on that the current regime gives IRD more tax take than putting in CGT despite they would get the tax from all those houses in NZ.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Why would any political party bother with a CGT on property? It's a kiss of death from the albatross round their necks.

My pick is that a National government, in it's second term, will introduce a low-rate CGT on easily-valued financial instruments traded through regulated exchanges, and that this will be promoted politically as some variation on "taxing the rich pr*cks" to pay for infrastructure and maintenance

As an aside, I see that over the past few years, the vocal opposition to a CGT has brought the idea of a Wealth Tax into the political sunshine. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Why would any political party bother with a CGT on property? It's a kiss of death from the albatross round their necks.

My pick is that a National government, in it's second term, will introduce a low-rate CGT on easily-valued financial instruments traded through regulated exchanges, and that this will be promoted politically as some variation on "taxing the rich pr*cks" to pay for infrastructure and maintenance

As an aside, I see that over the past few years, the vocal opposition to a CGT has brought the idea of a Wealth Tax into the political sunshine. Whoops!
    Maybe post above your post didn't ring any bells. How exactly will a CGT be implemented when investment such as Kiwi Saver, buying & selling shares in say Amazon or NVDIA, are already taxed under FIF? Are you claiming double taxation is perfectly acceptable ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Maybe post above your post didn't ring any bells. How exactly will a CGT be implemented when investment such as Kiwi Saver, buying & selling shares in say Amazon or NVDIA, are already taxed under FIF? Are you claiming double taxation is perfectly acceptable ?
    Scrap FIF in favour of CGT.

FIF with its deemed dividend is inherently unfair, with an underlying assumption that shares only ever go up in value.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post

Well that would give property another boost!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Well that would give property another boost!

it's never bothered Labour before much .. until during the most recent 5.5 years

Even the Late Comrade Cullen must be looking down thinking current mob fairly dumb ..

Have the recent batch of Comrades suddenly fallen on their heads and brained themselves ?
    or is severely handicapped and clues deficient the new 2020's Labour look ?

When will Labour announce their new policy that they will be compensating all they enticed into
    Property on low interest rates for losses they sustained in the glowing property ownership adventure
    that turned out as sour and rancid as a plate of stale old burnt sausage rolls ?
    Last edited by nztx; 31-07-2023 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    it's never bothered Labour before much .. until during the most recent 5.5 years

Even the Late Comrade Cullen must be looking down thinking current mob fairly dumb ..

Have the recent batch of Comrades suddenly fallen on their heads and brained themselves ?
    or is severely handicapped and clues deficient the new 2020's Labour look ?

When will Labour announce their new policy that they will be compensating all they enticed into
    Property on low interest rates for losses they sustained in the glowing property ownership adventure
    that turned out as sour and rancid as a plate of stale old burnt sausage rolls ?
    Dumb is bad enough but this clueless mob is arrogant while stupid.

Why Aotearoa is in the mess it is in.