sharetrader
Page 60 of 154 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thought it might be an idea to revisit the numbers and crunch them again this morning.
    August 2019 they forecast $3.9m before tax profit on $16.3m sales = after tax profit of $2.81m assuming full company tax rate of 28% which on 218.8m shares gives eps of 1.284 cps.
    They confirmed earlier this month they had met this forecast net profit and importantly, (exceeded the sales) for the year.

The exceeded the sales is very important because its a clue to higher profits going forward, most especially, (and lets not forget this), because new brands were introduced mid way and very late in the 2019 year respectively) and we will get the full 12 month effect of those new brand sales in 2020, (and now at much more advantageous exchange rates). When you factor that in with the fact that sales beat forecast for the second half of 2019 the prospects ahead look very good.

Historic PE is now 21/1.284 = only 16.4 (I was very surprised it was this low so double checked my numbers), against a market that even with the strong correction of late probably has a historic market PE in the very late 20's. This metric is not much more than half the market but for a company growing very strongly indeed.

By my calculations eps will slightly more than double when announced on Tuesday and is set to grow strongly in 2020. Critical mass has also now been achieved for a main board listing at some stage in the future in my opinion.
    Excellent analysis.
    Good work and timely.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Excellent analysis.
    Good work and timely.
    I second that. Good post by Beagle. With forecasted sales exceeded, new product range in the market, confirmed meeting of current profit forecast and the much lower NZD/USD fx rate, we are indeed well positioned.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Thought it might be an idea to revisit the numbers and crunch them again this morning.
    August 2019 they forecast $3.9m before tax profit on $16.3m sales = after tax profit of $2.81m assuming full company tax rate of 28% which on 218.8m shares gives eps of 1.284 cps.
    They confirmed earlier this month they had met this forecast net profit and importantly, (exceeded the sales) for the year.

The exceeded the sales is very important because its a clue to higher profits going forward, most especially, (and lets not forget this), because new brands were introduced mid way and very late in the 2019 year respectively) and we will get the full 12 month effect of those new brand sales in 2020, (and now at much more advantageous exchange rates). When you factor that in with the fact that sales beat forecast for the second half of 2019 the prospects ahead look very good.

Historic PE is now 21/1.284 = only 16.4 (I was very surprised it was this low so double checked my numbers), against a market that even with the strong correction of late probably has a historic market PE in the very late 20's. This metric is not much more than half the market but for a company growing very strongly indeed.

By my calculations eps will slightly more than double when announced on Tuesday and is set to grow strongly in 2020. Critical mass has also now been achieved for a main board listing at some stage in the future in my opinion.
    Yes excellent post thanks Mr Beagle

Good post Beagle.

I have run my numbers and drawn very similar conclusions.

note also chemist warehouse is the main stockist of their new brands and they are also rapidly expanding giving more opportunity for people to experience aiora and the 5th quarter.

Dilettante

So we now know they have exceeded both NPBT and revenue. NPBT confirmed of 4.014m (up 124%) and revenue of 17.317m (up 38%). This has also exceeded their August19 forecast and confirmed/bettered the confirmation earlier this month of meeting profit forecast on sales exceeding that forecast. Nice to see them do as they say eh Percy !!
    This is a very good and encouraging result and the future shaping up to be great with good underlying sales and profit and new product range fully in the market. The Chairman then adds "we would expect demand to increase even further as people become more concerned
    about health issues with the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperc...pdf?1584940390
    Last edited by iceman; 24-03-2020 at 08:09 AM. Reason: addition

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So we now know they have exceeded both NPBT and revenue. NPBT confirmed of 4.014m (up 124%) and revenue of 17.317m (up 38%). This has also exceeded their August19 forecast and confirmed/bettered the confirmation earlier this month of meeting profit forecast on sales exceeding that forecast. Nice to see them do as they say eh Percy !!
    This is a very good and encouraging result and 2020 shaping up to be a great year with good underlying sales and profit and new product range fully in the market. The Chairman then adds "we would expect demand to increase even further as people become more concerned
    about health issues with the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperc...pdf?1584940390
    Very pleasing.Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by percy; 24-03-2020 at 10:46 AM.

percy

Very pleasing,as is their response to CoronaVirus.

PharmaZen Limited – COVID 19 Update
    The announcement March 23, 2020 that the country is transitioning to a Level 4 Alert will mean that the company will need to close operations for the period of time designated.
    It is clearly a significant disruption for the business and our customers however we fully understand and support the government’s response to what is a significant and unprecedented event.
    As an employer the health and welfare of our staff is always our priority and in this instance the responsibility extends to the wider community.
    We are fortunate to be in an exceptionally strong position after the record 2019 result which has been followed by our strongest first quarter.
    As a provider of nutritional supplement ingredients, we tend to see demand increase significantly in the event of economic downturns and of course health scares. The current situation is no different and while it is frustrating to lose some momentum, the products we provide are unique and there will be significant pent up demand upon re-opening.
    It is for this reason we do not envisage layoffs as we seek to retain our highly trained work force and intend to continue with the planned capital expansion – albeit somewhat delayed.
    We will continue to keep shareholders updated as information available
    Last edited by percy; 24-03-2020 at 10:48 AM.

percy

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperc...pdf?1586420194

Positive.
    Well done Craig and the team.
    Stay safe.
    Last edited by percy; 11-04-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Excellent news.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Good news well done all.