sharetrader
Page 1 of 153 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

percy

Default PAZ Pharma Zen

Today's announcement of good turnover and profit increases was welcome.
    However what I loved was "Pharma Zen has commenced a range of initiatives to take the company to the next level." Exciting days ahead?

percy

What I should have mentioned is that these initiatives are being funded by the company's strong balance sheet and excellent cashflow,WITHOUT having to come to shareholders for further funds.I take this as very positive,means management are looking to make profits to fund growth.Most small company's think the only way they can grow is to fund growth with more money from shareholders.This dilutes your shares,and takes management's mind off making real profits.So well done PAZ.
    Last edited by percy; 22-04-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Hi Percy
    I'm taking advice and getting a bit more bold re posting. Have just spent some time looking at the Unlisted site, and doing some reading on the Pharma Zen site.
    Quick question, as I gave up dealing with other than ASB Securities a few years ago, what is a broker likely to charge to trade on Unlisted? I note the $7.50 each way fee, but wonder if a broker will tack plenty more on to that?
    All part of my learning curve! Thanks.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    Hi Percy
    I'm taking advice and getting a bit more bold re posting. Have just spent some time looking at the Unlisted site, and doing some reading on the Pharma Zen site.
    Quick question, as I gave up dealing with other than ASB Securities a few years ago, what is a broker likely to charge to trade on Unlisted? I note the $7.50 each way fee, but wonder if a broker will tack plenty more on to that?
    All part of my learning curve! Thanks.
    Karen1,
    I brought 80,000 at 3.5cents on Thursday,but have not seen the contract note yet.As soon as I do I will let you know.
    A word of warning.The unlisted companies are thinnly traded.Brokers do not follow them.You are on your own.Uncharted teritory.More risk,but possibly more rewards.
    Last edited by percy; 23-04-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Good morning Percy and thank you.

As I mentioned, on a learning curve. Helping a friend a few days ago to set up his online portfolio, also unlisted King Country Energy came up. This was one I got interested in a few years ago but forgot about, but had it listed I may well have got into it.

And thanks for the warning, well heeded. Which is why I'm one of the last big spenders as I learn - I'm reluctant to spend too much, but already wish I had with one of the Aus. shells I recently got into!

I'm beginning to recognise my investing style, and seeing part of that being to take small bites at something I'm keen on, and finding I learn quite a lot more in the experience.

So in my cautiousness I am more likely to take a bite of around a quarter that of yours! Which makes me wonder if I should bother, but again, it's a good teaching tool without the prospect of perhaps losing too much.

I hope the sun is shining for you down there, and that you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

percy

Good morning Percy and thank you.

As I mentioned, on a learning curve. Helping a friend a few days ago to set up his online portfolio, also unlisted King Country Energy came up. This was one I got interested in a few years ago but forgot about, but had it listed I may well have got into it.

And thanks for the warning, well heeded. Which is why I'm one of the last big spenders as I learn - I'm reluctant to spend too much, but already wish I had with one of the Aus. shells I recently got into!

I'm beginning to recognise my investing style, and seeing part of that being to take small bites at something I'm keen on, and finding I learn quite a lot more in the experience.

So in my cautiousness I am more likely to take a bite of around a quarter that of yours! Which makes me wonder if I should bother, but again, it's a good teaching tool without the prospect of perhaps losing too much.

I hope the sun is shining for you down there, and that you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Yes nice weather,very pleasant weekend.Nothing much to do yesterday,but had to engage brain trying to keep,or get up to speed with PGC thread.I brought 20,000 PAZ on 15/4/2009 at 2.5cents,total cost of $567.50.Was interested in the company,but was un sure whether they would run out of money or not.I rang the CEO last year before the AGM asking him to post his speach at the AGM so I could read it on line.What he did do was to post a link to Otago Daily Times who covered the meeting.Nice guy,easy to speak to and was happy to talk to me about the company.Depends on dates,but I would like to go to the AGM next year.The latest result was a lot better than I expected,so that is why I increased my holding.Glad you did not take offence with my warnings.

Never have got into PGC - my friend the other day is well immersed in this, but when he starts to talk about it my eyes glaze over. I need very much to stick to things I understand somewhat. Maybe a light bulb will flash one day, and I'll look at PGC.
    I feel much better knowing you bought into PAZ in a smaller way initially, makes me think I am on the right track.
    And I like the way you pick up the phone to talk to CEO's.
    You have no idea what a confidence boost you, and another who has been kind enough to put a hand out to me, are giving me.

percy

Never have got into PGC - my friend the other day is well immersed in this, but when he starts to talk about it my eyes glaze over. I need very much to stick to things I understand somewhat. Maybe a light bulb will flash one day, and I'll look at PGC.
    I feel much better knowing you bought into PAZ in a smaller way initially, makes me think I am on the right track.
    And I like the way you pick up the phone to talk to CEO's.
    You have no idea what a confidence boost you, and another who has been kind enough to put a hand out to me, are giving me.
    Karen1,I have received so much help and advice from sharetrader members it is a pleasure to try and help some one else.Stay well clear of PGC at present.My eyes are really starting to glaze over too.Very difficult.
    Not many people ring companies.Ring and ask for a copy of the latest annual report,read it,and then if you are unsure of something,ring the MD,CEO,or CFO.No one asks them.You can say you are looking to buy shares in their company but do not understand....whatever? Write down you questions before you ring as often they really want to talk about their company.No use hanging up the phone and thinking I should have asked about ......?

Percy, again my thanks! Great advice, and maybe one day I'll get as bold as you.
    In the meantime, someone has recently suggested being on here is one way of avoiding cleaning cupboards out - in my case, going to the supermarket! I fear I have put it off long enough, my cats need to eat tonight!
    But I will definitely be back here. I was about to ask a question about a company on Unlisted, but have just had another look at their site and found what I wanted to know, - we learn something new every day!

percy

Karen1.Received contract note. 80,000 PAZ at 3.5cents $2800.Brokerage $60. Trade charge $7.50. Total $2,867.50.
    The latest quotes for PAZ ; buyer wants 10,000,000 at 3cents while seller has 420,000 for sale at 3.5cents.
    www.unlisted.co.nz
    Last edited by percy; 26-04-2011 at 06:50 AM.