sharetrader
Page 118 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1532

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you ‘own’ something it’s bound to be better / more satisfying than other stuff. That’s the way the mind works

Maybe beagle lost that ‘owning feeling’ and became more objective
    Yeah right.?.!.

Others may think it is just Beagle being Beagle.?..
    And so "no surprises there."...lol
    Last edited by percy; 14-09-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Maybe the pills started to taste bitter when he sold and the share price didn't keep falling to justify his kneejerk reaction???

I think a lot of people seriously underestimate the strength of the placebo effect https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is...effect-2795466
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think a lot of people seriously underestimate the strength of the placebo effect https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is...effect-2795466
    Do not try it...
    During lock down you may be best to double your intake...lol

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Do not try it...
    During lock down you may be best to double your intake...lol
    Not making any changes during lockdown, not brave enough too lol. I take so many supplements its hard to say what's doing the most good. The main issue I have is with occasional shooting pain in my eyes, which has reduced in intensity and frequency since taking the the PAZ vascular and vision tablets and some mild arthritis pain in my left ankle, which is worse with lack of walking under lockdown.
    The fish oil may be doing the most good with the arthritis https://www.verywellhealth.com/fish-...is-5092351...I take these, https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0, lots of them because they're really cheap and my Dad when he was alive reckoned fish oil really worked for him. Max dose is 10 a day...no point mucking about with one or two in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Not making any changes during lockdown, not brave enough too lol. I take so many supplements its hard to say what's doing the most good. The main issue I have is with occasional shooting pain in my eyes, which has reduced in intensity and frequency since taking the the PAZ vascular and vision tablets and some mild arthritis pain in my left ankle, which is worse with lack of walking under lockdown.
    The fish oil may be doing the most good with the arthritis https://www.verywellhealth.com/fish-...is-5092351...I take these, https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0, lots of them because they're really cheap and my Dad when he was alive reckoned fish oil really worked for him. Max dose is 10 a day...no point mucking about with one or two in my opinion.
    I do hope you have seen a Dr and an optometrist for your eyes. You only live once- might as well be able to see it well.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I do hope you have seen a Dr and an optometrist for your eyes. You only live once- might as well be able to see it well.
    Very sensible advice.

I guess its true that supplements only do so much and regular exercise and a healthy diet are the real keys. See how we go...
    And what is good exercise and what is healthy food. thats the next question?

Seeing as we're off track already heres my view

I think at our age we can actually get away with not doing too much cardio eg walking running treadmilling etc. I'm not saying its bad but can aggravate our aging bodies. Best to do controlled resistance training eg weights or pushups type exercise in my opinion to keep muscle integrity which shrinks badly as we age.

And food.

Low carbs , eg no chips or donuts , no potatoes or kumaras (sadly)so try to cut to zero, cut back on fruit ,
    get rid of white sugar and use stevia certainly no standard fizzy drinks , and even fruit juices are bad. yeh seriously. that Fresh up almost as bad as the coke.

eat lots of meat and eggs and fish. veges are good of course but protein is the main goal.
    if you eat like this you can eat as MUCH as you want and still lose weight.

And some supplements are useful. I take Berocca and Redseal Perform
    Vit D
    Vit C
    Fish oil if you dont eat fish regularly. (omega 6 is the goal)
    And make sure you get some iodine. It only lasts four weeks in table salt (if there - eg Himalayan Pink salt doesnt contain iodine)

These are my salient points. FWIW and sorry for off topic.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Carbs from natural sources are fine. It is processed carbs we need to avoid. So eat your potatoes and kumara! They are nutritionally sound - just be careful how you cook them.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Low carbs , eg no chips or donuts , no potatoes or kumaras (sadly)so try to cut to zero, cut back on fruit .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Good point, thank you...very overdue for a visit to the optometrist....may need new glasses.