sharetrader
Page 119 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1532

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Carbs from natural sources are fine. It is processed carbs we need to avoid. So eat your potatoes and kumara! They are nutritionally sound - just be careful how you cook them.
    we disagree then
    I dont want my suggestion watered down

The strategy I have outlined it is important that potatoes and kumaras are avoided.
    If they are one can eat as much meat and veg and still lose weight! Note that of the five food groups the body actually can live perfectly well without carbs but all the other food groups are required. Carbs have been around the shortest period in human history - we lived for millions of years with almost none of them. That is what we are adapted for. They are the reason for heart attacks, obesity , high blood pressure, and insulin resistance.

I stated my opinion and it has paid huge benefits for me.

/end rant
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

With all due respect, when one makes a "suggestion" as you did, it is really just a personal opinion, based on your own personal experience.

Mine is different, but that doesn't automatically mean it is wrong. Both are valid.

But if you feel that strongly that you needed to "rant" about it, go for it ...

... but not here, because the thread is now getting off track.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I don't want my suggestion watered down
    Last edited by justakiwi; 14-09-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    With all due respect, when one makes a "suggestion" as you did, it is really just a personal opinion, based on your own personal experience.

Mine is different, but that doesn't automatically mean it is wrong. Both are valid.

But if you feel that strongly that you needed to "rant" about it, go for it ...

... but not here, because the thread is now getting off track.
    yes of course its an opinion tho I can actually support it with science except I'm choosing not to be academic about it.
    But you're suggestion was dangerous to the keto strategy.

Which of us has a weight problem?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

IMO rather then none ,less potatoes more kumara(less carbs and you can get Lotatoes now quite a lot less carb

Take it to a new thread and I will respond - once anyway. Not interested in having yet another ongoing "you're wrong and I'm right" debate.

With regards to your comment re my weight, I have always been way too free with sharing my personal info in this forum, but I had kind of hoped that would be respected. Not used as ammo to attempt to prove a point. My weight is not a "problem." I know exactly why I am overweight, and it is nobody's fault but mine. But it sure as hell isn't due to eating too many potatoes and kumara.

yes of course its an opinion tho I can actually support it with science except I'm choosing not to be academic about it.

Last edited by justakiwi; 14-09-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Sorry for dragging this thread off course and thank you for the suggestion to get my eyes checked.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

This thread is a lot more pleasant and cordial than many others on Sharetrader. I'm fine with a little "of topic discussion providing we keep trteating each other well.

As a fellow health conscious investor here's my 2 cents on nutrition before we move on:
    - The incredible lifespans in Okinanawa proves that diets made up of mostly fruit and vegetables, with moderate to low protein intake (esp from meat) dramatically reduces virtually every major type of illness
    https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...s-live-so-long
    See also: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how...mated-summary/

- The keto diet, on the other hand, may help with weight loss, but is highly deficient in micro-nutrients
    https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/keto-diet/

Personally, my eyesight's improved a lot since I started mixing my muesli with raw oats (soaked overnight), a range of nuts and seeds, some frozen blueberries and a sprinkling of bee pollen. Combined with a 15 minute jog around the park each morning(with some HIIT 2x a week) and a few dumbbell and core exercises, I'm feeling fitter than 20 years ago, and just managing to keep up with the high energy kids I had fairly late in life
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 14-09-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Banned

Well I just ski hard and eat heaps of lots of things.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well I just ski hard and eat heaps of lots of things.
    First ski of the season tomorrow - hopefully the Aiora joint health I'm taking holds me together.....!!!