sharetrader
Page 136 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1540

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

An excellent presentation was really impressed with Tonys background and what hes bringing and think hes a great addition.

as always Craig did not disappoint.

everything sounding great and wow they are really poised to benefit as all countries start to impose higher carbon pricing worldwide, this could be a serious point of competitive advantage in medium term.

Some great operational insights. I was hoping to gain more of a sense of future earnings. I know it's hard to predict costs atm, but at least some scenarios based on pessimistic and optimistic assumptions.

Membaa

Also good that listing on the Unlisted affords abysmal liquidity to the market, dodging the effects of a systemic downturn everywhere else. A place to hide some wealth while everything else goes to hell. Funny how illiquidity can be an advantage, if you have or can get enough.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Also good that listing on the Unlisted affords abysmal liquidity to the market, dodging the effects of a systemic downturn everywhere else. A place to hide some wealth while everything else goes to hell. Funny how illiquidity can be an advantage, if you have or can get enough.
    I think you see traders on NZX and investors on USX.
    I guess investors spend more time on research,so do not change their minds every five minutes..
    Liquidity .? Never been an issue for me.Think it is only talked about by people who do not own USX listed shares. I know a number of people who own PAZ and SFF shares.I had no trouble selling my Syft holding.If you are buying/selling a large number then yes,but that is the same with most NZX listed companies, $1mil worth of shares would take time on either exchange,$100,000 in a day or two.
    Last edited by percy; 29-05-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Thought the presentation was great. Prospects are sound. However on thing that stuck out to me this year and at last years presentation was that china seems to be making more and more freeze dryers every year and demand for these dryers is booming. I guess the question in is when does competition catch up and whats the economic moat? Nz green green products? Manufacturing with Low carbon emissions? Manufacturing cheaper due to automation?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Thought the presentation was great. Prospects are sound. However on thing that stuck out to me this year and at last years presentation was that china seems to be making more and more freeze dryers every year and demand for these dryers is booming. I guess the question in is when does competition catch up and whats the economic moat? Nz green green products? Manufacturing with Low carbon emissions? Manufacturing cheaper due to automation?
    One of the main/well-known manufacturers of freeze-dryers are Cuddon's from Blenheim. They are well regarded, but like anything made in NZ compared to China, they are higher priced. But understand Cuddons have good demand/pretty full order book/quite a lead time.

The Chinese manufacturers are naturally cheaper, and would guess getting better than what they were. Freeze-drying technology has been around for years, and nothing too top secret squirrel about it.

I think with Pharmazen, they have clearly got a good supplier/relationship with their manufacturer in China. I think between the capital costs of buying out of China, and then with the potential benefits of the energy centres they are installing, then likely to be the lowest cost operator.

There is not much in the way of spare freeze-drying capacity in NZ.

In terms of emissions, not sure about the manufacture of the units, but would think with the energy centres/NZ renewable energy then would be relatively low emmssions compared to other countries/producers.

Banned

A couple of broking companies having their annual cull of PAZ currently. Lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A couple of broking companies having their annual cull of PAZ currently. Lol
    cull or call couta1?, and if its cull what do u mean ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    cull or call couta1?, and if its cull what do u mean ?
    No i mean cull, they do it every year around this time, either estate selldown or custodial reduction.

percy