sharetrader
Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1532

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

Or maybe, he or someone he loves, is really unwell? Or maybe he is going through a marriage breakup? Or maybe he is struggling with his mental health?

Why do we automatically assume he is lying when he says "for personal reasons?"

Clearly none of you paid attention to the recent discussion in the ATM thread. Nor learned any lessons from that particular situation.

Do better people!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Or maybe, he or someone he loves, is really unwell? Or maybe he is going through a marriage breakup? Or maybe he is struggling with his mental health?

Clearly none of you paid attention to the recent discussion in the ATM thread. Nor learned any lessons from that particular situation.

Do better people!
    "for personal reasons" is generally a euphemism for: he resigned abruptly/we got rid of his sorry arse/there is more to the story than we want you to know/etc.

But sometimes it is for genuine personal reasons but experience teaches that more often than not, it is something else.

That is why when this explanation is given, there is often speculation about what the real reason is. The effective immediately is normally a red flag.

Possibly a conflict with the board that was irrevocable? Hard to say.

I do realise that. But given the discussion on the ATM thread, and the regret people expressed for having harshly judged Jayne at the time she resigned "for personal reasons" - I would have thought this announcement would have met with less judgment and a little more trust.

Do better people!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    "for personal reasons" is generally a euphemism for: he resigned abruptly/we got rid of his sorry arse/there is more to the story than we want you to know/etc.

But sometimes it is for genuine personal reasons but experience teaches that more often than not, it is something else.

That is why when this explanation is given, there is often speculation about what the real reason is. The effective immediately is normally a red flag.

percy

Annual report should be out next week.
    The AGM has been moved to;
    AGM date Friday 19th June

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Annual report should be out next week.
    The AGM has been moved to;
    AGM date Friday 19th June
    Percy, do you mean Friday 9th June? there's no AGM announcement on their USX page.

percy

Monday the 19th.
    Sorry I put Friday.
    Last edited by percy; 13-05-2023 at 10:43 AM.

percy
    Last edited by percy; 15-05-2023 at 05:39 PM.

Dilettante

Have had a first skim read of the report. It is great to finally see the 2 freeze dryers commissioned, doubling the freezing capacity, which should see a significant revenue and EBIDTA increase in FY23. It is also a positive that they have sold the first factory at Rolleston to invest further in plant & equipment of the 2nd factory.
    But of great concern with this business like so many businesses in NZ at the moment is how the growth is being held back by lack of reliable staff, both in own operation and also for our suppliers simply being able to supply our raw materials.

They talk about a partners new boat being delayed until 2024 causing further supply issues. I'd be interested in more detail on this so if someone can please ask at the AGM (I'm overseas and won't be able to attend) I'd very much appreciate it.

We are still heading in the right direction, albeit at a slow pace. From what can be seen from this report though, I'm relatively satisfied and content for this to remain a large part of my long term portfolio. But it will require an enormous amount of patience.

I would like to see comments from the CEO in the Annual Reports in the future.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have had a first skim read of the report. It is great to finally see the 2 freeze dryers commissioned, doubling the freezing capacity, which should see a significant revenue and EBIDTA increase in FY23. It is also a positive that they have sold the first factory at Rolleston to invest further in plant & equipment of the 2nd factory.
    But of great concern with this business like so many businesses in NZ at the moment is how the growth is being held back by lack of reliable staff, both in own operation and also for our suppliers simply being able to supply our raw materials.

They talk about a partners new boat being delayed until 2024 causing further supply issues. I'd be interested in more detail on this so if someone can please ask at the AGM (I'm overseas and won't be able to attend) I'd very much appreciate it.

We are still heading in the right direction, albeit at a slow pace. From what can be seen from this report though, I'm relatively satisfied and content for this to remain a large part of my long term portfolio. But it will require an enormous amount of patience.

I would like to see comments from the CEO in the Annual Reports in the future.
    Page 58 of last year's agm presentation.

https://usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/...pdf?1653863354

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

Its a red flag - tend to agree with you on that one blackcap - If it were really for a personal reason and decision was with regret I dont think the term effective immediate would have been used
    Last edited by Bluebell; 16-05-2023 at 05:03 PM.