sharetrader
Page 81 of 154 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast

Thread: PAZ Pharma Zen

percy

Until any deal is announced it is hard to guess the answers to your questions.
    I would guess they would want a major supplier onboard, to secure supply.Owning shares in PAZ would give the supplier a good incentive to keep supplying them.Paying a good price for that pleasure they will know it will be used by PAZ for expansion,,which will mean they can supply more product to PAZ..Who that supplier is, or what they will supply we will have to wait and see.
    Meat processor,Green lip mussels,Blackcurrants,Kiwi fruit.Could be one of them.
    With the directors and their families owning so many shares, they will not want their holdings diluted for no good reason.
    Last edited by percy; 17-08-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Veteran novice

Could it be a partner with access to a more extensive distribution network? I admit I don't know enough about PAZ to know whether or not this would be a priority. percy's guess seems more likely? Any thoughts, percy or others?

Disc: Modest holding.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Could it be a partner with access to a more extensive distribution network? I admit I don't know enough about PAZ to know whether or not this would be a priority. percy's guess seems more likely? Any thoughts, percy or others?

Disc: Modest holding.
    Possibly.
    PAZ's AiOra and The 5th Quarter products, are I think, really designed for the Asian market,particularly China.
    So a Chinese distribution partner would work.But it does not tie in with them being a NZ manufacturer of NZ sourced ingredients.
    Other thoughts.
    I am aware of ANZCO's partnership with Ziwi Pet Foods.
    "Ziwi has also partnered with ANZCO Foods to form a new joint venture operation producing pet treats and oral health products. The New Zealand Natural Chews and Treats Company will also operate out of the Burnham site.
    It was ANZCO's first foray into the pet food segment and will be providing Ziwi with grass fed products."

And Scales Corp joint venture with Alliance Group.
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...cl.nzx-331627/

Talleys would work for PAZ,as they are meat,seafood and vegetable processors.

And ever hopeful me.I hold shares in Silver Fern Farms CoOp so should they turn out to be PAZ's supplier/partner...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 18-08-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Veteran novice

Thanks, percy. Such possibilities! But would having a Chinese distribution partner need to clash with being a NZ manufacturer of NZ sourced ingredients if China is a major target market?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Thanks, percy. Such possibilities! But would having a Chinese distribution partner need to clash with being a NZ manufacturer of NZ sourced ingredients if China is a major target market?
    I guess not.

Hey Percy, how many shares do the directors and their family trusts and interests control ? What percentage of the total shares is that ?
    Without knowing the exact answer to that I know enough to be very comfortable conclude that its fair to say we can count on them to have a very strong vested interest in engineering the very best outcome of any possible placement or capital raise to supercharge this companies growth going forward.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi All - First time on this post and whilst late to the party still see a lot of run way here. I am in the strange position of being totally cashed up at present and was looking at opportunities yesterday to enter some of my favourite stocks but alas they are all more expensive now and my cunning plan of well priced entry on Monday has failed dismally. So am now keen to cast the net a bit wider and reading this forum this looks to be a great opportunity especially on the forward PE for a company with so much potential. Just a quick query......I look at BLT with a market Cap of $94M compared to PAZ at $125M and not sure if its a good comparison but I see a lot more potential with PAZ although not listed on the NZX or the same liquidity - would appreciate any thoughts?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Percy, how many shares do the directors and their family trusts and interests control ? What percentage of the total shares is that ?
    Without knowing the exact answer to that I know enough to be very comfortable conclude that its fair to say we can count on them to have a very strong vested interest in engineering the very best outcome of any possible placement or capital raise to supercharge this companies growth going forward.
    Total shares on issue are 218,779,344.
    Directors and their families just over 107 mil shares,close to 49%.
    Add in The Paterson family and a former director, say another 15.3 mil shares approx 7%
    So the answer is approx 56%.However I would figure I have missed some so lets settle at close to 60%.
    Last edited by percy; 18-08-2020 at 02:22 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bid 28, no stock on offer, again. Lack of liquidity is kind of annoying as I watch the volume that BlIS trade in every day, that have a lower EBITDA.

Here's a real conversation starter that I have been keeping to myself for a couple of weeks. I compared the EBITDA multiple of BLIS with PAZ, noting PAZ is growing both their top line sales and EDITDA faster that BLIS and if PAZ were trading on the same EBITDA multiple as Blis, (this comparison was done when Blis were 8 cents) fair value for PAZ if listed on the main board would be...wait for it and this is definitely not a typo, $1.35 !!

Now Blis is 9.4 cents fair value for PAZ is $1.59 on a comparative basis. Right after I did this comparative I hoovered up the 50,000 at 30 cents that went through a while back. Anyone like to put some more up at 30 cents for sale and see what happens ?

Its time for PAZ to list on the NZX. Shareholders deserve the vastly better liquidity and to see their shares valued more appropriately. I hope the Directors act on this sooner rather than later.
    Brought up Beagle's post #649 on page 33 posted 12/5/2020 for Tony Two Gloves.
    Perhaps Beagle would be kind enough to update it.?
    Last edited by percy; 18-08-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Brought up Beagle's post #649 on page 33 posted 12/5/2020 for Tony Two Gloves.
    Perhaps Beagle would be kind enough to update it.?
    Thanks Percy - that is very helpful info and thanks Beagle also for doing the calcs. Do many on here hold both?