sharetrader
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Me (TME)

IMO

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Trial of Shipmate* looks like a toe in the water copying Amazon Prime.

* NZPost - $12 for 2 months shipping of small to medium parcels from Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, torpedo7, Noel Leeming. North Island, non rural for now.

ETA I was in Noel Leeming today and a staff member was restocking cables and flash drives. Dozens of them. Perfect candidates for cheap shipping.
    Last edited by artemis; 08-08-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Guru

TME is broken..beware of the Bear

Attachment 9065

2017 full year results: Revenue up 7.7%, Net operating profit after tax up 12.0%, 1c increase in div. Classifieds up 11.3%, motors up 8.2%, jobs up 25%, property up 7.3%.

Why all the hate on trademe?

Quote Originally Posted by sanctus671 View Post
    2017 full year results: Revenue up 7.7%, Net operating profit after tax up 12.0%, 1c increase in div. Classifieds up 11.3%, motors up 8.2%, jobs up 25%, property up 7.3%.

Why all the hate on trademe?
    Unless there's some factors in play apart from Amazon, 26% profit rise spells buy?

Handsome Member

I think FY18 outlook is going to see this one drop a bit. I liked everything but the outlook

IMO

Amazon and Facebook are threats and margins may compress but hey who hasn't heard of Trademe its the go to place its the incumbent with a long proven website its place in the mkt very hard to shift. Ive finally bought some cum div on this drop after mistakenly opting out of the IPO thinking it was pretty mature.

IMO

The chart sure is not a good indicator to buy atm.
    This deal may not get over the line . Trade Me holds out hope

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Amazon and Facebook are threats and margins may compress but hey who hasn't heard of Trademe its the go to place its the incumbent with a long proven website its place in the mkt very hard to shift. Ive finally bought some cum div on this drop after mistakenly opting out of the IPO thinking it was pretty mature.
    I think Amazon (and maybe facebook) are slightly bigger threats than you may imagine,...
    Over the last year or so, I would have bought around 6 items from trademe,and at least the same from Amazon,...if not a few more

I have been importing items and selling on Trademe for the last 7 years and have noticed a big change it both it and peoples buying habits, where 3-4 years ago, people would see a bargain and buy it!,...now they seem to wait until they get a fixed price offer, a few months ago, I had a item with a buy now of $1.00...yes one dollar!!....post $2.40,...ended up with 12 people watching it,...offered it to them at the end of the week for $1,...no one bought...

Trademe is becoming pretty quickly a place where people sell second hand stuff, and larger overseas companies with their 15 k plus listings, who can sell stuff cheaper than what I can buy through the NZ distributor at wholesale (some items I use to buy locally as well as from overseas)
    The middle/small businesses and part time ones like myself, are not going to see much sales in the future unlike it was 3-4 years ago...and yes whether a sale on trademe goes to Auckland or overseas makes no difference to TM itself...at the moment,...as more and more local businesses stop using it,..I think it will.as it will become no different to Amazon,...

Trademe's biggest advantage was/is you buy something and it turns up 3-4 days later,..now you wait three weeks...just like Amazon,( as I did with the books I bought a few weeks back, oh and the listing had no mention at all of it coming from overseas until I got the email, saying thanks and please wait for weeks as its coming from Ozzie!!)

I personally looked into TM as a investment,...though I would be careful ....as IT IS losing its edge.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
    ..... Trademe's biggest advantage was/is you buy something and it turns up 3-4 days later,..now you wait three weeks...just like Amazon,( as I did with the books I bought a few weeks back, oh and the listing had no mention at all of it coming from overseas until I got the email, saying thanks and please wait for weeks as its coming from Ozzie!!)....
    If buying new books pays to check Book Depository first. Huge stock, free and fast shipping, good prices and anyway it is owned by Amazon. Books usually arrive 7-10 days.

I like the fact that I can set up a wishlist and get notified if the price drops.

Occasionally I have bought a book, read it (or listened for audio books) and on sold it on Trademe for more than I paid.

They are looking at a premium delivery service, pay for 1/2 day delivery.