sharetrader
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Me (TME)

Nice buying. I bought much higher ($4!!!) but managed to average down to $3.59 when the price sank so things worked out ok, at least at this stage.

Some chunky fee increases are being reported in the herald. Especially affecting over-$500 sales.
    7.9% commission !!
    It'll be interesting how this pans out considering the attempt to increase fees in the property arena didn't go so smoothly

Banned

I read with interest today that NZME (the old APN) is in a brand war with TradeMe over the use of the word "me".

There has bee no shortage of companies trying to brand "me" as a suffix on their name, but mostly they've been small companies. Surprising that APN/NZME would embrace the branding of its opposition, though maybe things are really bad at the digital division of the Herald and they'll try anything to catch up.

Let's face it, Briscoes would never dream of saying they are "where you will also get a bargain', or that Toyota would release a car called "Polo"

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/me-me-m...ks-cg-p-183709

NZ Tech Podcast discuss Trade Me -- not flattering about the future, current relevance or some of their fee decisions.

http://nztechpodcast.com/nz-tech-podcast-265/

I love it when companies have to go to 2 decimal points to justify the statement 'Earnings per share up'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Handsome Member

lol flat as an ironing board

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    lol flat as an ironing board
    mostly.... but revenue up 9% so the business still has growth, which shouldn't be underestimated given the potential incursions on their space.
    But yes they do need to convert this more into similar levels of profit growth.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Investor

Quite surprised at the strong surge in sp both y'day and today after what were seem to be pretty flat numbers from their results.

Disc- non holder

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Quite surprised at the strong surge in sp both y'day and today after what were seem to be pretty flat numbers from their results.

Disc- non holder
    And strong surge today as well. It's amazing what those decimal points can do lol.

Disc. holder.

it seems to me that the market gets very nervous before TME announcements as if they are expecting the bottom to suddenly fall out of the auction site business. Following confirmation that things are steady everyone gets excited again.
    High beta I guess