sharetrader
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Me (TME)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thats not scaling mate .... thats the polite way of saying you are way done of their list of preferred clients ... prob a cheapskate who only does the internet stuff eh
    I'm one of those. ASB sent me a prospectus today - will be interesting to see if I get an allocation.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Yes i gave a level of interest at 54k to ASB. Will see whats offered to 'a valued client'

Non committal stage still

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thats not scaling mate .... thats the polite way of saying you are way done of their list of preferred clients ... prob a cheapskate who only does the internet stuff eh
    Yes, winner69 is right. But then again, even DB's "good" clients are getting around 2000 shares each.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

percy

I used to go to Trade Me site on a regular basis,but seldom visit now days,so will not look to take up any shares.

Advanced Member

Is that because you have now become a " Rich Prick " Perc ?.

percy

No,I will always be a "Hopeless Prick" whether I am rich or poor.!!!
    I must admit I use other sites.For example their holiday rental section is poor, there are better sites.
    Cars, I usually go to Turners Auctions.Travel I go to either Jetstar or House of travel site .Art for sale is made up of over priced rubbish.I follow Blythe Fletcher paintings,and only ones ever listed are ones dealers are stuck with. I notice daughter goes straight to Ezby Buy site,etc.
    I also doubt their growth projections, and I am sure the Aussie's will not leave a lot for us Kiwi's.
    I did do well with WTF in Aussie,I got them on listing,but over time opposition grew and they lost their market position.Thought the same may happen with trade me.
    As for selling,we usually give good stuff to family and friends,or donate to Salvation Army as my wife worked as a volunteer for them for a number of years.
    Last edited by percy; 14-11-2011 at 08:47 AM.

One of the first lessons a newbie is supposed to learn, which Stranger Danger et al obviously haven't, is don't fall in love with a share - TradeMe.
    Don't make excuses for its failings, ignore its weaknesses, tout what isn't there.

I was fascinated to see it has a putative 5.1% gross yield ratio on listing.

So I read Saturday's Press to check out the gross yield ratio of significant shares on the NZX as a comparison and here's the result;

AMP 7.08, Auck Airport 5.31, Contact 5.86, F & P Healthcare 7.39, Fletcher Bldg 6.33, Freightways 6.24, Hallenstein Glasson 11.47, Infratil 5.18, Kathmandu 5.81, Kiwi Ppty 7.2, Nthland Port 6.54, NZ Refining 5.95, Sky City 6.14, Sky Network TV 11.49, Southport 8.48, Steel & Tube 9.52, Telecom 10.46, Telstra 8.98, Tower 9.16, Trustpower 6.92, Vector 7.57, Warehouse 9.67, Westpac 7.55.

The only one it beats is Port of Tauranga on 4.65%.....And which would you rather have for growth PoT or TradMe?

(of course one could always get that idiot Phaedrus to draw a chart of TradeMe and solve your problems ;-) ).

Veteran novice

(of course one could always get that idiot Phaedrus to draw a chart of TradeMe and solve your problems ;-) ).
    A rather low, inaccurate blow there, Gustavus!

Whatever the merits of TradeMe as a longterm investment, I expect that the scarcity factor will offer good stagging profits for those "lucky" enough to participate in the IPO.

I won't be there.

percy

[QUOTE=macduffy;360980]A rather low, inaccurate blow there, Gustavus!

Very inaccurate.He always gave me sound advice whenever I asked.His charts and commentary are dearly missed.Only hope he is enjoying his travels.

And how could he draw a chart, the share is not listed yet!