sharetrader
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Me (TME)

I do enjoy a special dividend now and then.

IMO

WooHoo 22c special div on top of final div of 10.5c
    Net debt reduced to effective $64 mill ($72 mill cash on hand)
    Rev $250 mill up 7%
    Outlook strong with solid rev and profit growth for 2019
    s/p up 6% to $5 atm.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Moderated user

6-7% revenue growth and 4% NPAT growth.
    PE of 21.
    Something does not look right here

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Is TradeMe too boring to talk about?

I built up a large position on this stock over the last few days. I took advantage of the recent share price drop and decided to go big! It's now trading at the 200 day moving average. Volume today was solid. I noticed a large $8m or so order go through in the afternoon, most likely a large hedge or Kiwisaver fund. I believe it has strong support at this level as back in early July it bounced hard from this same price point.

In the past, I've never really taken any interest in this stock as I saw it as too boring. However, it's kind of just occurred to me that this stock is just ABSOLUTELY BLOODY CHEAP AND GOOD VALUE at this price!

The Amazon and Facebook threats are over emphasised. Figures just out showed that Amazon sold a poultry $6.3 million in direct sales leading up to Christmas last year in Australia. Facebook Marketplace has been a flop and is fulled with scammers. Sure, I do believe that these two dominate players will eventually grow and become more relevant in NZ but you have to remember that online shopping is a very 'large pie' and growing 20% year on year. There's room for everybody and new players too.

TradeMe today is basically a classified business, not a second hand marketplace. There's very good growth from their Motors, Property, and Job listings. Overall, in my opinion, it's just a great little cash cow with a clean balance sheet and strong earnings, that will continue to outperform the market, albeit modestly over the medium to long term.

Compared to others like Seek or REA group, which is trading at a premium and lower yield, with false promises of better growth, the fact is that everybody seems to forget about little old NZ, unless of cause, it's milk. All things equal, if TradeMe was an "Australian brand", it would be trading much higher, regardless of growth potential. Look what happened to Xero when it left the NZX!

Ebay shares have been down over the cause of the year but still up alot over the long term. It's a different company with more competition in the classified space, and more risk exposure to the likes of Amazon and Facebook. With the recent appreciation of the USD dollar and $2b cash on hand, it could easily put in end to the almost 20 year monkey on it's back and finally acquire TradeMe - although highly unlikely and subject to OIO.

At the end of the day. You get a dividend yield of 6% with the benefit of decent growth and exposure as a tech play. Combined with a tightly run ship, low-ish overheads, and strong brand recognition, what's not to like about this stock? It deserves to be $5 I reckon and $6 12-18 months from now. End of year earnings results are due in 3 weeks. Time will tell.

Thoughts?
    Well done Ogg getting on board this wee rocket before it left earth! I was very tempted to buy a few just for that juicy divie but couldnt make myself push the buy button at the current price. Some times you just have to accept you have missed the boat. Enjoy the ride and your yummy divie!
    Last edited by RupertBear; 24-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.

IMO

Tell me about it. Craigs have a sell with t/p $4.55.
    Great cash spitter i reckon, happy holder since 2017.
    Despite NZME's poor result they are working hard at taking mkt share with One Roof, driven and YUDU, worth a look at their presentation
    NZME Half Year 2018 Results Presentation and facebook nibbling with Amazon on the horizon.

Yep Craigs had a sell on HLG as well and finally stopped covering them. Go figure

So a few weeks back when I was waiting for TME to dip below $4.50 before I bought some ... shoulda just gone ahead and bought some!

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    So a few weeks back when I was waiting for TME to dip below $4.50 before I bought some ... shoulda just gone ahead and bought some!
    You and me both Timesurfer!

IMO

You could turn back Time surfer. S/P hit $5.40 today. Cum those big juicy divs

I haven't been following TradeMe properly because I've been stubbornly believing for years that it's a mature company with no real room for more growth. I sell on TradeMe all the time, and have noticed my sales have dropped off hugely in the last year.

My curiosity has been peaked with Facebook Marketplace, and I have to say that as a seller, this is totally where it's at! The ability to post photos of all your items for sale in specific interest groups and on the general marketplace in a single post gets me more views and sales that TradeMe ever did - and fairly instantly. A post i created last week had over 3000 views, several hundred comments on individual items, and huge volume of sales. What was great was that it was things I wouldn't have bothered listing on TM as the fees wouldn't have been worth it - but a dedicated group of FB people all wanted everything and bought multiple items each.

Facebook benefits:
    - no fees at all
    - you can post all your pictures in one listing and people simply comment on what they want
    - mass audience is achieved to targeted buyers since the posts appear directly in people's Facebook feed
    - use Messenger for sorting out the trade
    - rapid turnover of sales
    - you can see people's FB profiles if you really have to
    - the feeling of success when your phone DOES NOT STOP BEEPING with all the alerts and requests to buy everything!

TradeMe benefits:
    - better for online retail products
    - probably not much functionality for auctions any longer and simply Buy Now
    - if you care about people's feedback, that's available
    - it's sorted in categories if you're looking for something

Just my thoughts from being a regular TradeMe and Ebay seller since 2004, and recently converting to Facebook Marketplace.