sharetrader

12.1 does seem a bit low doesn't it, I have them on 12.5 estimated. Time will tell which guess is better
    P.S. I bought a few more today to add to my existing modest sized holding. Fair - Fairly good value at this price I think.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-06-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default Hound sharing a valuable bone

A very valuable resource.

https://buffett.cnbc.com/
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A very valuable resource.

https://buffett.cnbc.com/
    Enjoy
    Thanks ...good stuff

Read this this morning:

Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, down 2% on year, has now underperformed SP500 YTD, 1yr, 5yr and 10yr. And just a bit better over 20yr.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks ...good stuff

Read this this morning:

Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, down 2% on year, has now underperformed SP500 YTD, 1yr, 5yr and 10yr. And just a bit better over 20yr.
    Reversion to Mean a powerful thing...

Thanks ...good stuff

Read this this morning:

Luckily I sold all of mine at the peak of US$326,110 per share back in February. [ -- if only]

They are down to US$286,700 per share -- down $900 in a day. -- But still up 11.4% (vs 12.6% SP&500) over the last year so I wouldn't be complaining too much if I did hold one or two of them.

Thanks ...good stuff

Read this this morning:

Hmmmm...maybe not such a valuable bone after all lol

Global Dairy Trade Auctions - prices down in 7 of the last 9 auctions / Heartland shareprice - down in 6 of the last 9 comparable periods.

The reasonable correlation between the two is still in place....but probably only a casual thing but interesting

Recently in its report on New Zealand's financial stability the Reserve Bank noted that most dairy farms are currently cash-flow positive, but remain vulnerable to any possible downturn in prices and agriculture shocks. "Reducing this bank lending concentration risk requires more prudent lending practices," they said

Just a few observations ...no conclusions made

Global Dairy Trade Auctions - prices down in 7 of the last 9 auctions / Heartland shareprice - down in 6 of the last 9 comparable periods.

The reasonable correlation between the two is still in place....but probably only a casual thing but interesting

Recently in its report on New Zealand's financial stability the Reserve Bank noted that most dairy farms are currently cash-flow positive, but remain vulnerable to any possible downturn in prices and agriculture shocks. "Reducing this bank lending concentration risk requires more prudent lending practices," they said

Just a few observations ...no conclusions made
    Interestingly and reasonably strong correlation that's existed for quite some time in my opinion. Disappointing to see HBL share price under quite a bit of pressure despite a very strong day on the NZX, spooky possums how dairy declines correlates to SP even though dairy farmers are all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interestingly and reasonably strong correlation that's existed for quite some time in my opinion. Disappointing to see HBL share price under quite a bit of pressure despite a very strong day on the NZX, spooky possums how dairy declines correlates to SP even though dairy farmers are all good now.
    Some might be getting spooked about the economy ...GDP figures not that flash and GDP been declining for a few quarters now.

Jeff often says Heartland fortunes are tied to overall health of the Economics my (GDP growing or not)

But as long we get to the end of August without dropping any more we’ll be OK

percy

A comparable chart with ANZ.NZ,or WBC.NZ shows HBL is still suffering the rub off from The Australian banks,yet does not face their issues..
    Last edited by percy; 21-06-2018 at 05:51 PM.