sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Acting like a lead balloon of late, the red arrow on my portfolio is going down at the same rate the blue arrow is going up on my TRA holding.

That’s what happens when so many punters switch from one (seen as a struggler) to the other (the hot favourite)

Lost count of how many have said they’ve done this

But jeez ...be big moves for both if percy decided to play that game eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Latest round of deck share shuffling completed this morning. Having bit the bullet and secured a loss on HBL I had to figure out how best to make up that money. I still wanted a finance exposure so I've bought more TRA at $3.10. I see more potential in making a 10% gain in TRA than I do in HBL. I was also carrying a gain on my prior TRA purchase so i figured that would help offset the loss. Its bought my average TRA price to $3.04 so at the moment I am still showing positive territory in TRA - and there is a divi to come, with resultant drop in SP to be expected. With market moves in the last few days but cash now back in the market Portfolio is showing a 29.3% overall gain this year. I'l review in 6 months to see if this was the right decision.
    A few days later and its the end of the month so time for a moments reflection.

Sold all holdings in HBL for $1.75 due to losses already incurred. Market closed today at $1.70

Put all sales proceeds into TRA at $3.10. Market closed today at $3.20

So happy that TRA have now recouped approx. 50% of my HBL losses. I start the July month in a good position.

percy

Been playing unsuccessful funny games on my own all week,until 4.50 pm this afternoon.
    Brought the GNE and MEL I thought had got away from me, at the 5pm washup.

HBL weakness is due to research out today.
    Basically Aussie bank issues,means the bank multiples have been lowered,yet HBL's eps and divies are projected to grow.
    "On a comparative basis for the next few years,HBL is likely to grow its earnings at a faster rate than its Australian peers and improve its ROE."
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by percy; 29-06-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Been playing unsuccessful funny games on my own all week,until 4.50 pm this afternoon.
    Brought the GNE and MEL I thought had got away from me, at the 5pm washup.

HBL weakness is due to FNZC research out today.
    Basically Aussie bank issues,means the bank multiples have been lowered,yet HBL's eps and divies are projected to grow.
    "On a comparative basis for the next few years,HBL is likely to grow its earnings at a faster rate than its Australian peers and improve its ROE."
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    So what's FCNZ's target price Percy ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    So what's FCNZ's target price Percy ?
    $1.66...……………………………………………..

Thank goodness for the healthy fully imputed dividend yield of about 7.8% then ! which should grow a bit each year (based on estimated dividends on 9.5 cps fully imputed in FY19). Trades cum approx 5.5 cps fully imputed final divvy so about fairly priced in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-06-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

………………………..2017...……...2018...………...2019...………..20 20.
    DPS...……………...9 cents......9.5 cents...…...10 cents.....10.5 cents.

So HBL have the capacity to keep paying increasing fully imputated divies.
    I can't ask for more .
    Last edited by percy; 29-06-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

I had a cheeky order in for a few more ( actually doubles my holding) for a while and was surprised to see it was filled right at the end of the day.. and for a cent less too!
    Roll on those divies, got to be better than the paltry 2.75% the Heartland call account is paying..

Calls for a red wine...and time to watch the almighty warriors!!

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I have been waiting and tempted but the chart looks freeking ugly and I remember being told "dont buy in a downtrend" so I am still waiting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I have been waiting and tempted but the chart looks freeking ugly and I remember being told "dont buy in a downtrend" so I am still waiting
    Who told you that nonsense, I buy in all trends, but my favourite is downtrends when the company is solid and pays good divvies. PS-If your worried about the chart just extend the time frame.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-06-2018 at 07:17 PM.