sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    As for myself, I'll continue to hold but not be accumulating anymore. I have a small position in this one and the DRP actually favors me when price goes lower. There are better opportunities right now in SUM and OCA imo.
    I was in from the almost the beginning and it may be time to consolidate what has become an overweight holding now. It has changed from a growth stock to an income stock for me. It is my NZ banking exposure with a good imputed dividend compared to the Aussie banks.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its not an education. Its a monologue full of holes and this isn't the thread to respond
    Keep digging boy. Going on the some posts here, they needed addressing.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 15-08-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    People bring different things to this forum. Snoops has a talent for producing reams of fundamental analysis, others have TA expertise, others again have years and years of watching the market and are willing to share that experience with us (relative) newbies. All good.

Still others have a different skill set, and (probably) a different view on many social issues from many of the other posters. I think it is appropriate and important to share these different perspectives on these forums because they have real implications for the commercial success of the organisations we have shares in. In particular, in relation to cultural and gender diversity, there are important implications in Heartland's position. I think these topics are relevant to these forums and worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    OK. Lets see where this goes. Is it HBL's "job" to use shareholder funds to "fix" the
    psychological effects on Maori descendants of colonialism (assuming this is a problem - which of course it isn't)

Maybe not see where this goes. I don't come here for SJW material. If I want that (which of course I never would) there are literally thousands of other sites I could go to. In fact, it's almost impossible to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Maybe not see where this goes. I don't come here for SJW material. If I want that (which of course I never would) there are literally thousands of other sites I could go to. In fact, it's almost impossible to avoid.
    I learn something new every day - had to look up SJW! Thought it might be Shareholder Justice Warrior but I got that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I learn something new every day - had to look up SJW! Thought it might be Shareholder Justice Warrior but I got that wrong.
    Me too mini ....Maybe we are just ignorant in such matters
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    You find “social justice” material irrelevant...but I don’t come here for lots of (what I consider to be) irrelevant remarks I have read. Social Justice is part of business these days. Sometimes it is a legal requirement; sometimes it effects product success. It probably always has been relevant - but what is social justice has changed over time.

Mind you, on second thoughts, it's not for me to say what people should and shouldn't discuss. If people have skin in the game and think that these social issues have some bearing on HBL, then why not discuss.

I'll leave it at that. It's going to a tough day for my Australian resource stocks. Time for happy thoughts and a cup of tea.

Cool, our posts crossed in the mail.