sharetrader
Page 970 of 1737 FirstFirst ... 470870920960966967968969970971972973974980102010701470 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,700 of 17362
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Context is everything

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Poster on ''interest.co.nz'' says that'''profitablity in the 2017 financial year was driven primarily by growth in receivables,and impaired expenses increased'''
    Not being financially intelligent is he right,wrong or just upset he doesn't have shares in HBL.
    The interest.co.nz comment just reinforces my belief that some people should not be allowed near keyboards.

But the unacknowledged elephant in the room is, of course, that of the $61M profit over half comes from capitalising interest . [Note: do not panic]

I am happy, not ecstatic, but happy, with the result .
    It is OK.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Just wondering how big the capital notes raising is going to be...seems to be a lot of lead brokers and sub lead brokers etc....seems a lot if it's only 20 mill......raising is just before HNA group due to buy UDC finance unless chinese govt stops it.......

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up I survived a 6.6 earthquake yesterday so this is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wrote back some of the rainy day money in rural that wasn't needed

That helped
    We will leave Snoopy to worry about 19(b) then shall we?
    Nearly doubled!

and Other Corporate, I hardly dare look again!

Still, overall, it is OK isn't it?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if those huge net interest margins might be simply too tempting for one of the big Australian banks or BEN or BOQ especially with the huge momentum in the reverse home equity business in Australia.
    The Heartland net interest margins may be high for a bank. But they are low for a finance company. And when you apply the 'duck test' to Heartland, you can see into what category the Aussies will park it.

Can't rule out the possibility of a takeover. All those shiny new digital platforms with almost unlimited scalability for the larger banks...hmmm I imagine they could integrate HBL into their existing operations with little or no addition to overhead and get massive synergies from the combined operation and massive new business utilizing HBL's systems and architecture.... You'd be a brave person to short this stock that's for sure !
    The problem is Heartland has generated a big fat zero of cash if you add everything up post inception (my post 9366). For a takeover to be a success the one doing the takeover uses the positive cashflow from what it acquires to finance the deal. The problem is, over the long term, Heartland doesn't generate positive cashflow. So such a takeover would not be attractive.

SNOOPY

P.S. The Heartland digital platforms are not as good as the Auusie bank's own digital platforms. So nothing of interest to acquire there either!
    Last edited by Snoopy; 14-08-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I love heartland. Bought more today

Last edited by Beagle; 14-08-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

late rally...close at 190. Was that another "resistance point" from a chartist perspective? (as in, a genuine question - would love to know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    We will leave Snoopy to worry about 19(b) then shall we?
    Nearly doubled!

and Other Corporate, I hardly dare look again!

Still, overall, it is OK isn't it?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Holy ****

I'd stay away from looking at that as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That Note 19b sort of suggests that the modus operandi for Open for Business is working capital in minutes ......but take ages to pay.

Just a thought
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

19b is no worries until the cheer leaders become apologists. Ain't happening on their watch, that's for sure. Caveat emptor as one emboldened investor recently ventured. Rejoice in success of the moment, but don't look too closely under the covers as it's uncomfortable pointing out stretched market valuations and contrived company numbers in climates of increasing uncertainty. Looks like a good scalp if you can bank the capital gains and the divi, but medium term there are vulnerabilities which few wish to acknowledge. Long term who really knows?