sharetrader
Page 1004 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941000100110021003100410051006100710081014105411041504 ... LastLast
Results 10,031 to 10,040 of 17210
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I’m proud to be a shareholder in Heartland, even more so they have embraced diversity.

Percy, the way you talk about diversity related issues I reckon that you would describe women who are the Chair of Global Women in New Zealand and a member of Chief Executive Women as radical feminists (or something even worse) ......and maybe even think they have no place in the Board Room

I’m sure such people aren’t radical feminists. I think it’s fantastic that women like Vanessa and Ellie are on the Heartland Board. They possibly are making their male colleagues more enlightened. Good on them if this is the case.

Shame that mininoke and beagle feel so aggrieved that they are either considering or have sold their shares. If you happen to believe having radical feminists polluting the Heartland Board you better sell out as well.

Diversity of thought is a great thing.
    Right time to clear the air.What is my history with women,.
    Having owned and worked in the motor industry,toy shops,and book shops, I can tell you if shops were left with only men to run them, they would go broke.Clueless owners with limited skills.
    One of the most satisfying things I have witnessed is women coming back into the work force, after they have their children off their hands.To start off with they have no confidence,and watching them gain confidence and skills is rewarding.One ChCh lawyer whose wife worked for me, rang me and thanked me for "giving him back the girl he married."
    As for women as directors I have seen a good number,particulary at SCY and EBO.Never a dummy.
    So yes I value women.
    Back to HBL.I see them acknowledging their roll in the community.Chairman Geoff Ricketts,deputy chair Bruce Irvine,and fellow board members have great pride in the success Heartland Bank is.Right from the start they set strong moral and community standards.They also realised to be successful Heartland had to be very profitable,to safeguard lenders and staff,and to offer security to borrowers,and shareholders.
    As the business has evolved,so has the need for people with digital/online skills.Good good opportunities for people with the required skills.
    Last edited by percy; 21-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Right time to clear the air.What is my history with women,.
    Having owned and worked in the motor industry,toy shops,and book shops, I can tell you if shops were left with only men to run them, they would go broke.Clueless owners with limited skills.
    One of the most satisfying things I have witnessed is women coming back into the work force, after they have their children off their hands.To start off with they have no confidence,and watching them gain confidence and skills is rewarding.One ChCh lawyer whose wife worked for me, rang me and thanked me for "giving him back the girl he married."
    As for women as directors I have seen a good number,particulary at SCY and EBO.Never a dummy.
    So yes I value women.
    Back to HBL.I see them acknowledging their roll in the community.Chairman Geoff Ricketts,deputy chair Bruce Irvine,and fellow board members have great pride in the success Heartland Bank is.Right from the start they set strong moral and community standards.They also realised to be successful Heartland had to be very profitable,to safeguard lenders and staff,and to offer security to borrowers,and shareholders.
    As the business has evolved,so has the need for people with digital/online skills.Good good opportunities for people with the required skills.

Good on you percy giving those women a chance to show what they can do. Is rewarding

Yes that Heartland Trust does a lot of good work as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Now that Heartland have embraced diversity I need to ask them if they have a Sustainability Strategy

While a lot of their Heartland Trust stuff and diversity addresses the area of societal cnage I am interested to hear what if anything they do in respect of environmental issues and creating sustainable futures for the community.

Could be interesting what they come up with,

Westpac take great pride in being the worlds most sustainable bank in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index

percy

Yes always a very good wine.
    Trust this year's agm will be live to watch.With what I save on airfares I may shout myself a nice Shiraz or Sav Blanc,or two.
    Their presentations are usually very comprehensive,and outline very clearly where they are headed.
    With so much capital raised this year, the very strong organic growth must be set to continue.Last time I spoke to Chris Flood he told me "bad debts" on "open for business" loans were running below budget.Be interesting if this is still the case.Also be interested to see if nim has recovered.Was growing strongly.Watch for comments on Australian "open for business" success/failure.[at present run out of Auckland].
    AGM.
    Direction.Very clear presentation covers where they are going. and how they are getting there.
    I take it "bad debts" are still tracking below budget,as is the case for all banks.
    Australia.I think the following gives an indication they are on course.;"For small business finance,we have the largest SME platform in NZ,and our aim is to have one of the largest in Australia."
    Last edited by percy; 22-11-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Shame that mininoke and beagle feel so aggrieved that they are either considering or have sold their shares. If you happen to believe having radical feminists polluting the Heartland Board you better sell out as well.

Diversity of thought is a great thing.
    If it is industry best practice amongst high performing banks to have radical feminists on the Board or senior management positions then I am all for it. If not they should stay in the kitchen

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...ht-auctionhtml

I reckon we are overdue to add some more diversity to the discussion rather than just talking about diversity. Fourth straight decline in GDT prices. Didn't Winner have some theory regarding the remarkable correlation between GDT and HBL share prices ? Can't help wondering if the $2 the other day was the top for the foreseeable future ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jeff said they while NZ economy remains ‘favourable’ international markets ‘are prone to event driven volatility’ and so we need to be ‘cautious and watchful in terms of exposure to global markets.’

Some risk ....stocks trading a high multiples more exposed to big falls if things do turn for the worse.

sounds like he has been listening to Winston and he is a National supporter - getting confused?

percy

Jeff said they while NZ economy remains ‘favourable’ international markets ‘are prone to event driven volatility’ and so we need to be ‘cautious and watchful in terms of exposure to global markets.’

Some risk ....stocks trading a high multiples more exposed to big falls if things do turn for the worse.

sounds like he has been listening to Winston and he is a National supporter - getting confused?
    W69 you and Beagle are getting sidetracked again.
    The most important indicator,is the standard of the wine and tucka served at the agm.
    According to my reports,they were excellent....lol.

W69 you and Beagle are getting sidetracked again.
    The most important indicator,is the standard of the wine and tucka served at the agm.
    According to my reports,they were excellent....lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbBx4Ql6Umo Back to sore to drive in and enjoy yesterday...one word covers this as said by the dog.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

AGM.
    Direction.Very clear presentation covers where they are going. and how they are getting there.
    I take it "bad debts" are still tracking below budget,as is the case for all banks.
    Australia.I think the following gives an indication they are on course.;"For small business finance,we have the largest SME platform in NZ,and our aim is to have one of the largest in Australia."

You are getting sidetracked again Percy

The most important indicator at the AGM is the standard of the wine and tucka .....not bad debts it SMEs