sharetrader

Good to see another bank getting into diversity – way to go.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11958237
    “Adrian Orr seen as a politically savvy choice as Reserve Bank governor
    The New Zealand dollar's rally on news that Adrian Orr would be the next Governor of the Reserve Bank was a sign of relief in financial markets.
    "Adrian Orr is more politically savvy than the recent governors, and more aligned with Labour ideology and policies," said Christina Leung, principal economist at NZIER.
    "As a leader, he is inclusive and will likely champion more diversity within the Reserve Bank," she said.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Good to see another bank getting into diversity – way to go.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11958237
    There was me thinking the article was going to be about how the NZ dollar rallied on the back of a nicely managed bank capital raise.

Bit no. You post an article about a man getting a top job. You post speculation lacking evidential support "likely champion diversity" - look at how he succeeded at this at National Bank and Westpac. As for being "inclusive" don't get me started.

But back on topic (if you want to bore us with "diversity" there is another thread in teh off topic forums) how will the markets react today. I'll be happy if day ends at $2.05

Interesting situation developing at UDC with the investing public withdrawing large amounts of investment support, which really shouldn't be a surprise to ANZ given the potential change of ownership and possibly considerably lower credit rating to be forthcoming. ANZ having to step into the breech and provide heaps more funding support, the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve with this sale. https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...+December+2017

ANZ appear to have dug themselves a bit of a hole with this and no doubt are hoping it will eventually proceed...but will it ? Reports I have seen on CNBC a while back are that investment bankers in some US financial institutions have been instructed to stop work on HNA deals on the basis of the seriousness of their concerns over HNA's debt structure and its sustainability.

Meanwhile Heartland have been raising a lot more capital this year....hmmmm...could be an interesting 2018 coming up.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting situation developing at UDC with the investing public withdrawing large amounts of investment support, which really shouldn't be a surprise to ANZ given the potential change of ownership and possibly considerably lower credit rating to be forthcoming. ANZ having to step into the breech and provide heaps more funding support, the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve with this sale. https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...+December+2017

ANZ appear to have dug themselves a bit of a hole with this and no doubt are hoping it will eventually proceed...but will it ? Reports I have seen on CNBC a while back are that investment bankers in some US financial institutions have been instructed to stop work on HNA deals on the basis of the seriousness of their concerns over HNA's debt structure and its sustainability.

Meanwhile Heartland have been raising a lot more capital this year....hmmmm...could be an interesting 2018 coming up.
    Interestingly UDC make about the same profit (actually a little more) than Heartland .....but on much lower levels of lending

ANZ head honcho says it’s ‘a great little business’ ....probably just as biased as Heartland shareholders who say that a ‘a great little bank’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Interestingly UDC make about the same profit (actually a little more) than Heartland .....but on much lower levels of lending

ANZ head honcho says it’s ‘a great little business’ ....probably just as biased as Heartland shareholders who say that a ‘a great little bank’
    Most probably because UDC do not do Reverse Equity Loans,and lacks HBL's diversity of both lending and borrowing. .
    And yes the ANZ head honcho is correct UDC is "a great little business",and would be, as I have often stated, a great fit with HBL,but not at the price HNA were/are prepared to pay.
    Although I think it would be a great fit,HBL is achieving great organic growth on it's own,so the need to buy UDC is diminishing .
    We know the REL business in Australia is growing well ,and I would be interested to know how their "open for" products are tracking in Australia.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Beagle;696180]Interesting situation developing at UDC with the investing public withdrawing large amounts of investment support, which really shouldn't be a surprise to ANZ given the potential change of ownership and possibly considerably lower credit rating to be forthcoming. ANZ having to step into the breech and provide heaps more funding support, the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve with this sale. https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...+December+2017

o acquire Singapore's CWT shares from 'dissenting shareholders'

Reuters ReutersDecember 12, 2017

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese conglomerate HNA Group has exercised its legal rights to acquire all shares from "dissenting shareholders" of Singaporean logistics firm CWT Ltd, as it moves to close the $1 billion (£0.8 billion) acquisition.

HNA Belt and Road Investments Singapore, an HNA group company, will offer S$2.33 ($1.73) per share in cash to the CWT shareholders who have not accepted the tender offer, HNA's financial advisers said in an announcement on behalf of the company on Monday.

The price is the same as was offered to other CWT equity holders, valuing the deal at S$1.399 billion ($1.04 billion).

The announcement comes against a backdrop of concerns about rising financing costs at indebted HNA, an airline-to-property conglomerate, whose $50 billion worth of deal-making over the past two years has sparked intense scrutiny.

Pressure on the group's finances has risen after the Chinese government told major banks in June to review their credit exposure to the conglomerate and a handful of other non-state companies.

HNA first announced in April its intent to buy CWT, whose businesses include logistics services, commodity marketing, financial services and engineering services and was incorporated in 1970 as a private arm of the Port of Singapore Authority.

After completion of the "compulsory acquisition" of dissenting shareholders' shares, CWT will become a wholly owned subsidiary of HNA Belt and Road Investments, according to Monday's statement.

Got my shares and about 50% of over

50% of what you applied for as extras ??

Same here - got just over half what I asked for

Yip, just over 50% of the cash amount I added for extras.