sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do you think Chairman Geoffrey and Chief Jeff have lost the plot with this sort of stuff. God knows where it will end up.

Both been around too long maybe and past their best and losing focus on what’s important ...time for them to move on so sanity can prevail?

If they stay just imagine what this slide (and extra ones) will look like at the next presentation.
    Geoff and Jeff have taken a vision of a listed NZ Bank and made it a reality.
    Customers,Staff,Investors,and Shareholders are enjoying the benefits of their vision.
    Heartland Bank has been best described,by our own Brian, as "young and nimble".
    The "young and nimble" are being guided by very wise heads.
    Having plenty on skin on the line will keep them focussed for future opportunities,here and in Australia,without having to carry the heavy baggage the Australian Banks have landed themselves with.
    Last edited by percy; 21-02-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Another name change could be the next step? Mano Whenua Bank/Heartland Bank has the same touch to it as Aorangi/Mount Cook or Taranaki/Mount Egmont.

Can't hurt if Maoris get the warm fuzzies for Heartland, or other NZ-owned banks? Same for the Maori-friendly or patriotic such as academics, LGBT, etc.

Veteran novice

Heartland should benefit from it's customers' fee-free access to all those big banks' ATM's. Not that anyone uses cash anymore, or at least that's what we're told!

I really though for a while they have been slightly off point..should mix it up with the Board, they have so much potential with this Bank.

Membaa

Took a look below the 200DMA today and closed up a bit .. bang on it. Not sure what that means, but punters like the 200DMA, so might be a bottom. Most times don't need to watch closely but when it gets near a turning point (or potential) it pays to be alert. Only for the capital sensitive, the devoted holders won't even know what the closing price was today, they'll be staggering home from the bowling club shortly and not even check ST until the hangover wears off tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do you think Chairman Geoffrey and Chief Jeff have lost the plot with this sort of stuff. God knows where it will end up.

Both been around too long maybe and past their best and losing focus on what’s important ...time for them to move on so sanity can prevail?

If they stay just imagine what this slide (and extra ones) will look like at the next presentation.
    I did caution you when they started printing part of the annual report in Maori that was the thin edge of the wedge but I think there is more to this that what meets the eye.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I did caution you when they started printing part of the annual report in Maori that was the thin edge of the wedge but I think there is more to this that what meets the eye.
    Code words for something eh Beagle
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If there is any of that patronising crap in any report I get I'll be out of there. Just give us the numbers and a language an international audience has a chance of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Heartland should benefit from it's customers' fee-free access to all those big banks' ATM's. Not that anyone uses cash anymore, or at least that's what we're told!
    The customers won't be charged a fee but I haven't read anything that says that the banks still won't be charging each other. As the spokesperson from ANZ said - the bank can afford to pay instead of the customer.

So Heartland may end up absorbing fees from their customers using all the other banks' ATMs.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If there is any of that patronising crap in any report I get I'll be out of there. Just give us the numbers and a language an international audience has a chance of understanding.
    They have been printing parts of the annual report in Maori for a while now mini. Absolutely determined they are to show their support for all things Maori, (masquerading as encouraging diversity)...no need to show support for any other ethnicities though which as mentioned yesterday really seems bizarre.

Speaking of support, I see the 200 day MA has been breeched...no worries whatsoever though because the 1,000 day moving average is still intact
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine