sharetrader

Here is OUR TEAM as it stands today - the team that runs Heartland

All this recent talk by the Chairman and the CEO about the need for gender and ethnicity diversity .....hmmm ....looks like things need to change

Heartland do what they say they will do .... be interesting to see what OUR TEAM looks like sometime in the future.

[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 05-12-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

All this recent talk by the Chairman and the CEO about the need for gender and ethnicity diversity .....hmmm ....looks like things need to change

Heartland do what they say they will do .... be interesting to see what OUR TEAM looks like sometime in the future.

[
    I don't care what the team looks like when the share prise is going up

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I took my full entitlement and then I said I am willing to participate X amount of dollars in the build. How I see it is if I buy for less than 1.90c I am well winning.
    So, as I understand it, institutional investors give Heartland an indication of how many they would take at a certain price per share. Heartland looks at these offers and decides the price (which can be anything from 1.70 to the closing price day before the bookbuild). Then the allocations are [scaled and] distributed to everyone who applied. So, I'm confused about the price. Less demand will mean lower price?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

[
    There is progress - more diversity in age. What is encouraging to see in the photos is that they are not all men in their 70s or older.

Applied for my rights yesterday, great buying at $1.70...not so sure about >$2.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Me too pretty effortless online applied mon funds removed tues.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    just moving away from all the diversity talk for a sec. I think Heartlands internet banking is truly awful. I only perservere for the better interest rates and because I am a shareholder. What do others think? I guess the problem is I am comparing to ANZ which has a pretty good internet banking platform that is super easy to get around and use (and they have plenty of money to make it good). I even find Rabobank easier than HBL and they arent that great either.
    Agree. Tried to open an account this am, had to email them back about something I was unsure of, and got back what I considered a rude condescending reply. I'd prefer to support Heartland considering husband is a shareholder, but maybe I'll stick to Rabobank despite their annoying digipass.

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Agree. Tried to open an account this am, had to email them back about something I was unsure of, and got back what I considered a rude condescending reply. I'd prefer to support Heartland considering husband is a shareholder, but maybe I'll stick to Rabobank despite their annoying digipass.
    Opening a new account with any bank is a nightmare these days - unless you are already an account holder. I finally got around to establishing a personal call account with Heartland (their measly 2.75% is much better than any other bank) and as we already have business banking with them the process was smooth, easy and fast.

I guess their staff get just as frustrated as their customers with the drama involved - though that's no excuse for a rude response.

Their web site has improved a bit over recent months but it's still nowhere near as intuitive and easy to navigate as the ANZ (though I have many years of familiarity with that going back to the good old National Bank days).

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Opening a new account with any bank is a nightmare these days - .
    I think it is all this anti - terrorism, anti-money laundering malarky. Because there is so much of it in NZ

Advanced Member

I've heard opening a bank account in Panama is easy as