sharetrader

Thanks too Beagle. Question, I see they raised capital in 2017 so that would explain why eps is 2% when they increased their profit by 11%... sneaky... didn't explain that too well in the quick announcement summary.

So is it unlikely they will be able to increase profits by say 8-11% going forward?

You're most welcome guys. Profits will grow in that order NG but shares issued by the dividend reinvestment scheme and possibly more capital to be raised at some point to fund more organic growth will suppress EPS growth a bit. Nothing wrong with 5-6% EPS growth going forward on an average basis and as mentioned this certainly puts them well ahead of average Australian bank EPS growth.

I am forecasting 9.5 cps dividends this year fully imputed. 9.5 / 0.72 = 13.194 cps gross. 13.194 / 166 = 7.95% gross yield.

Interestingly some of the Australian banks are on a net yield of just over 7% so with Australians being able to avail themselves of franking credits and unable to claim our imputation credits and vice versa the investment landscape from an effective net yield perspective is heavily tilted towards backing banks in one's own country.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Thanks too Beagle. Question, I see they raised capital in 2017 so that would explain why eps is 2% when they increased their profit by 11%... sneaky... didn't explain that too well in the quick announcement summary.

So is it unlikely they will be able to increase profits by say 8-11% going forward?
    They have stated 11% earnings growth,
    A question for the agm is whether that is eps growth.?
    If not,what is the expected eps growth.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    They have stated 11% earnings growth,
    A question for the agm is whether that is eps growth.?
    If not,what is the expected eps growth.?
    You can email questions to them Percy and if its anything like the AIR AGM they answer them publicly during the meeting. Shall we leave that one for you to ask ?
    Please note that you will not be able to ask questions during the webcast and
    conference call, but you are invited to submit a question in advance of the
    meeting at the time of registering for the webcast. Please submit your
    questions by 5pm Tuesday 18 September.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thats taken a while. Just got my txt message urging me to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Thats taken a while. Just got my txt message urging me to vote.
    .need 50% of shares to be voted uso you had better do the necessaries

Be a shame if all that expense and effort was wasted because of shareholder apathy
    Last edited by winner69; 14-09-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .need 50% of punters to vote so you had better do the necessaries

Be a shame if all that expense and effort was wasted because of shareholder apathy
    Yes fair comment. After yet another email reminder I just voted online in favor of the restructure. The minimum vote size (type of quorum), is 50% of all issued shares and of those that vote 75% or more must vote in favor for this special resolution (to pass muster).
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2018 at 04:34 PM.

IMO

Yes , all hands on deck, rattle your dags, swab the decks, get down off the poop deck, go below, pull out the laptop and vote, its never been easier, whether on sealegs or queasier, DYB, DYB, DYB, DOBBIDY DYB DOB, be proactive on the good ship Heartland, turn that wheel and steer her through charted waters, like you oughter. Weigh the anchor, for the would be banker.VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes , all hands on deck, rattle your dags, swab the decks, get down off the poop deck, go below, pull out the laptop and vote, its never been easier, whether on sealegs or queasier, DYB, DYB, DYB, DOBBIDY DYB DOB, be proactive on the good ship Heartland, turn that wheel and steer her through charted waters, like you oughter. Weigh the anchor, for the would be banker.VOTE!
    and just as well they don't even check one's sobriety when voting online eh

percy

Received my FIN number today in the post, after I rang Link for it on Monday,so voted online.
    Wife was able to vote via post the other day.
    So we have done our bit.