sharetrader
Page 1001 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 17210
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Agreeing with something I didn't say again percy

Increasing the percentage of women will force the replacement of mediocre men ....you know which ones, the ones who are allowed to hang around for far too long.

a sort of reverse meritocracy
    The actual staff "numbers" at Heartland Bank have not increased a great deal since it was formed.
    However the skill set has.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The actual staff "numbers" at Heartland Bank have not increased a great deal since it was formed.
    However the skill set has.
    Probably the skill set has improved ........coinciding with a greater emphasis and commitment to diversity (ethnicity and gender). Good eh

Percy, talking of skills what you make of my observation of the Board skills and the apparent relative ‘weakness’ in the areas that are strategically important.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I am sure Jeff will double it next election, just to get another bite from you.!!
    He must enjoy your comments as much as I do..!!! ..lol.

ps.The food and drinks will be up to their usual high standard.
    pps.Attendees should "well position" themselves between the bar and the kitchen door.
    Jeff probably doesn’t read my comments on ST but if he did I’m sure he would enjoy them and take them on board and become more enlightened. I would hazard a guess that he would have you on his ignore list.

But his team seem to take feedback from share holders on board. Diversity is one that seems to have filtered through the network. Isn’t it pleasing to see the Chairman taking such an interest in it. Diversity must be important ....even setting measurable targets.

Expect to see Heartland winning some workplace awards - even one of those Women Employer of the Year ones.

All leads to ‘diversity of thought’ .....making Heartland a better business

percy

Probably the skill set has improved ........coinciding with a greater emphasis and commitment to diversity (ethnicity and gender). Good eh

Percy, talking of skills what you make of my observation of the Board skills and the apparent relative ‘weakness’ in the areas that are strategically important.
    Not sure.
    I am hopeless with paper work taking up SPP's in Aussie.To be frank, I wouldn't know where to start.I just send the email/paperwork to the "office" staff at Craigs who always do it perfectly.Does that make them better investors than me? No, just better office people.
    So back to HBL board.Huge amount of experience.Huge amount of their own personnel wealth on the line. Fantastic record of employing the right skilled people.
    As a shareholder I could not ask for a better board or management team.Always done what they said they would do.
    Last edited by percy; 18-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.

percy

Jeff probably doesn’t read my comments on ST but if he did I’m sure he would enjoy them and take them on board and become more enlightened. I would hazard a guess that he would have you on his ignore list.

But his team seem to take feedback from share holders on board. Diversity is one that seems to have filtered through the network. Isn’t it pleasing to see the Chairman taking such an interest in it. Diversity must be important ....even setting measurable targets.

Expect to see Heartland winning some workplace awards - even one of those Women Employer of the Year ones.

All leads to ‘diversity of thought’ .....making Heartland a better business
    I think you are right and I am on Jeff's ignore list.
    Had to leave a message on his phone this time, when I rang to thank him for the rights issue, rather than a placement and SPP...lol.

On the doghouse

At last count I saw ANZ had over $11billion in dairying.
    Other big lenders were CBA and BNZ.Not sure about NAB.
    So as a % ANZ still leads the field.
    KPMG may help you to get your research right.
    Rather than try and just compare HBL with ANZ,do the job properly. A half baked effort again.
    Percy, if you are talking ANZ.NZ then I have no argument with your figures. In gross terms you are right. In percentage terms you are wrong. Talking dairy to total loans for ANZ.NZ.

$11b /$186b = 5.8%

This is way less than Heartland dairy loan proportion at 10%. I have already checked ANZ against the other Aussie big banks as regards rural lending and they are ahead in both gross in percentage terms.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Snoopy.
    Google ,,.kpmg fips...........................financial institution performanc survey.
    June 2017 quarterly results.
    Compares ANZ,BNZ,CBA,HBL,Kiwi Bank,SBS,Co-Op,TSB and Westpac.

ps Would some kind poster please post the link.
    Last edited by percy; 20-11-2017 at 06:05 AM.

To save finding that link

https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/...-June-2017.PDF

Doesn’t say who has greater dairy exposure
    Last edited by winner69; 20-11-2017 at 06:21 AM.

percy

To save finding that link

https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/...-June-2017.PDF

Doesn’t say who has greater dairy exposure
    Why.?
    Maybe because they don't see it as an issue.?
    Interestingly enough, PGW with a dairy exposure of between 22% and 25% don't see it as an issue either.
    When I last spoke to Jeff Greenslade and Chris Flood, they didn't see it as an issue.
    Pretty sure The Reserve Bank of NZ does not see it as an issue.
    I certainly don't.Never have.

ps W69 and minimoke.Thanks for posting the links.
    Last edited by percy; 20-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.