sharetrader
Page 1002 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 17210

OMG - the CEO did a rave about improving diversity.

Did I hear him say ‘more progress ’ is required to get more females in the Exec team

Good on him
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Did I hear him say ‘more progress ’ is required to get more females in the Exec team

Good on him
    If he says it will happen,it will.

Good on him
    No. It is a backward step and should be ringing alarm bells. The only progress required is the hiring of competent people regardless of sex, race religious beliefs LGBTQIAYHYZ (lets just keep chucking letters onto it) status or whatever is lacking in "diversity"

The big risk when talking like this is hiring (women) beyond their level of ability - that is, promoting to highest level of incompetence.

Much more talk of "diversity" will see me selling HBL, probably at a loss. This talk distracts from their main responsibility which is making me (and you) money.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No. It is a backward step and should be ringing alarm bells. The only progress required is the hiring of competent people regardless of sex, race religious beliefs LGBTQIAYHYZ (lets just keep chucking letters onto it) status or whatever is lacking in "diversity"

The big risk when talking like this is hiring (women) beyond their level of ability - that is, promoting to highest level of incompetence.

Much more talk of "diversity" will see me selling HBL, probably at a loss. This talk distracts from their main responsibility which is making me (and you) money.
    ......but will ensure they will be getting rid of some mediocre men
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

......but will ensure they will be getting rid of some mediocre men
    Excellent - providing they are getting rid of all mediocre people. WHich may not do their "diversity" balance any good.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Diversity is the new buzzword at the mo, no doubt about it. I agree that the only progress required is the hiring of competent people regardless of blah blah blah. However it is reasonably well recognised that unconscious bias may play a part in hiring and preventing people in achieving their true potential.

In your statement re the big risk, I hope what you actually meant to say here is "anyone" rather than "women". We've only got to look around us to see a bunch of old white men in suits doing substandard jobs in some cases. And lets get real, women are being successful in business as well as running a family. Just how often does dad take time off work to stay home and care for the kids when they are sick.

You are clearly not a millenial (neither am I by the way).... they seem to care about this stuff a lot more and I think it is a good thing HBL is looking at diversity. A diverse, happy, talented group of people working together to make me money, that's what I want.

consider this for a mo:
    ‘A father and son are in a car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to hospital; just as he’s about to go under the knife, the surgeon says, “I can’t operate – that boy is my son!”’ Who is the surgeon?

percy

's
    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Diversity is the new buzzword at the mo, no doubt about it. I agree that the only progress required is the hiring of competent people regardless of blah blah blah. However it is reasonably well recognised that unconscious bias may play a part in hiring and preventing people in achieving their true potential.

In your statement re the big risk, I hope what you actually meant to say here is "anyone" rather than "women". We've only got to look around us to see a bunch of old white men in suits doing substandard jobs in some cases. And lets get real, women are being successful in business as well as running a family. Just how often does dad take time off work to stay home and care for the kids when they are sick.

You are clearly not a millenial (neither am I by the way).... they seem to care about this stuff a lot more and I think it is a good thing HBL is looking at diversity. A diverse, happy, talented group of people working together to make me money, that's what I want.

consider this for a mo:
    ‘A father and son are in a car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to hospital; just as he’s about to go under the knife, the surgeon says, “I can’t operate – that boy is my son!”’ Who is the surgeon?
    The boy's father.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    's

The boy's father.
    Duh, it's the boys Mother!

percy

Just read the agm speeches and presentation.
    Simple,and spoken in clear language.
    HBL know where they are going,and know how they are going to get there.