sharetrader
Page 1005 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951001100210031004100510061007100810091015105511051505 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,050 of 17360
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...ht-auctionhtml

I reckon we are overdue to add some more diversity to the discussion rather than just talking about diversity. Fourth straight decline in GDT prices. Didn't Winner have some theory regarding the remarkable correlation between GDT and HBL share prices ? Can't help wondering if the $2 the other day was the top for the foreseeable future ?
    Maybe a few people are taking advantage of the arbitrage,selling the same number of shares they are entitled to in the rights issue,at $1.95 plus, and replacing the same number with the $1.70 rights issue shares.
    I know I did,[at the plus figure].
    Now I will have to decide whether to apply for extra shares,or not.
    Last edited by percy; 22-11-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No. It is a backward step and should be ringing alarm bells. The only progress required is the hiring of competent people regardless of sex, race religious beliefs LGBTQIAYHYZ (lets just keep chucking letters onto it) status or whatever is lacking in "diversity"

The big risk when talking like this is hiring (women) beyond their level of ability - that is, promoting to highest level of incompetence.

Much more talk of "diversity" will see me selling HBL, probably at a loss. This talk distracts from their main responsibility which is making me (and you) money.
    Have you considered that one of the criteria for competence might be to be able to understand and provide information about the particular word view, perceptual set, and attitudes of a specific group of customers. Since nearly half Heartland's customer base are women, it seems to me that that is itself a good reason for gender diversity, leaving aside the other advantages(which seem well established and include response to change, collaborative management, and ability to keep their egos under control) that women bring to the boardroom.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Have you considered that one of the criteria for competence might be to be able to understand and provide information about the particular word view, perceptual set, and attitudes of a specific group of customers. Since nearly half Heartland's customer base are women, it seems to me that that is itself a good reason for gender diversity, leaving aside the other advantages(which seem well established and include response to change, collaborative management, and ability to keep their egos under control) that women bring to the boardroom.
    Anyone who can understand women gets my tick of approval.

Sorry Percy I just have to get this off my chest. What is with their obsession with regard to ensuring the number of Maori staff is more fairly representative of the N.Z. population ? Do we assume that Heartland have conducted a full analysis of all other ethnicities and found that all other cultures and races are fairly represented already or is this just blatant racism in favor of Maori ? Please...I have no axe to grind with Maori but what is it with some sort of implied intake quota system going forward ?
    On my one trip into Heartland to open my call account I did not see any of our Asian friends in the reception area and yet they make up a far higher proportion of the population now in New Zealand than Maori and why isn't part of the annual report translated into various Asian languages ? If I was to has at a guess I would say the proportion of Asian investors as shareholders and customers with accounts would be higher for Asian clients but they don't get the annual report translated into their language, why not ? Where does this political correctness end ? Why are they bending over backwards to be politically correct to Maori and not to our Asian friends or other ethnicities ? Perhaps you could give them a call and shed some light on their thinking on this ? I really don't get it...it just seems very very strange ?????

Wish I could have gone to the annual meeting and asked the directors as part of general business in the public meeting...that would have been interesting.
    Must make a determined point to go next year and ask the hard question.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Sorry Percy I just have to get this off my chest. What is with their obsession with regard to ensuring the number of Maori staff is more fairly representative of the N.Z. population ? Do we assume that Heartland have conducted a full analysis of all other ethnicities and found that all other cultures and races are fairly represented already or is this just blatant racism in favor of Maori ? Please...I have no axe to grind with Maori but what is it with some sort of implied intake quota system going forward ?
    On my one trip into Heartland to open my call account I did not see any of our Asian friends in the reception area and yet they make up a far higher proportion of the population now in New Zealand than Maori and why isn't part of the annual report translated into various Asian languages ? If I was to has at a guess I would say the proportion of Asian investors as shareholders and customers with accounts would be higher for Asian clients but they don't get the annual report translated into their language, why not ? Where does this political correctness end ? Why are they bending over backwards to be politically correct to Maori and not to our Asian friends or other ethnicities ? Perhaps you could give them a call and shed some light on their thinking on this ? I really don't get it...it just seems very very strange ?????

Wish I could have gone to the annual meeting and asked the directors as part of general business in the public meeting...that would have been interesting.
    Must make a determined point to go next year and ask the hard question.
    Pity you missed the good tucka and wine.
    I enjoyed a nice Shiraz at home just to get in the spirit of things.
    Perhaps you should ask Noodles to organise Jeff Greenslade and Chris Flood, doing a presentation for Auckland NZSA.
    They usually open up a bit more at these presentations.
    I do find it hard trying to criticise Heartland, when they have done everything they said they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Pity you missed the good tucka and wine.
    I enjoyed a nice Shiraz at home just to get in the spirit of things.
    Perhaps you should ask Noodles to organise Jeff Greenslade and Chris Flood, doing a presentation for Auckland NZSA.
    They usually open up a bit more at these presentations.
    I do find it hard trying to criticise Heartland, when they have done everything they said they would do.
    Is that code for, I do find it hard to be objective ? lol. Surely you can take the rose tinted glasses off for one minute and post what you really think about this diversity obsession or perhaps we leave it to Winner to explain it too us in detail ? Perhaps your idea for the NZSA meeting is best...I'll warm up the BBQ for a thorough grilling
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Is that code for, I do find it hard to be objective ? lol. Surely you can take the rose tinted glasses off for one minute and post what you really think about this diversity obsession or perhaps we leave it to Winner to explain it too us in detail ? Perhaps your idea for the NZSA meeting is best...I'll warm up the BBQ for a thorough grilling
    I think on this thread I have the record of being the most objective poster.....??!!!..lol.
    Diversity,and other W69 issues.Heartland have laid very solid foundations,to be built on.They will add richness of people and skills to benefit the whole business.We have noticed this evolving already at board and management levels. Staff numbers are only 360 people.The skill set of staff has changed a lot, to meet the digital model HBL have adopted.l I really think getting obsessive about these issues takes your mind off HBL's core achievements.
    Heartland is still only a very small bank.Each sector they are in has plenty of growth,so the future looks sound.
    Back to being objective.I follow the companies I invest in closely.They perform,I buy more,they do not meet my "thesis" I sell.Being objective means I am always "well positioned."

I suspect this talk of diversity is nothing more than a great big pile of public relations B.S....a bit like AIR and all their talk of electric vehicles, (which in a whole year the whole lot of them combined saves less fuel than filling one Dreamliner once lol). Far more PC to talk about these sort of things than talk about how they're going to expand their margins and make more money...not politically correct to talk about being greedy capitalist pigs is it Yeah I agree they have a good record and a sound business...all fully priced in.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    I thought it was an excellent report. Taking up all the 1/15 and applying for more.

Blockhead has been away and a bit busy so isn't up to date with 1/15 details, is there likely to be a pool available to get a few more ??

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Blockhead has been away and a bit busy so isn't up to date with 1/15 details, is there likely to be a pool available to get a few more ??
    Yes...........................................