sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 100101 View Post
    I have both TSB and Kiwibank accounts and have never had a problem!
    I have noticed with banks over the years that things happen a lot faster for those who have money and banks are slower when you have none.

I sent a letter noting my dissatisfaction to "Shareholder Relations" to see if anyone is interested in hearing me moan

I recently opened an "on Call" (2.5%) account with them on line. I had to have ID and proof of address etc. I was successful eventually but it took 4 days, I had to call them a couple of times to see what was happening as long delays between me submitting documents an them updating me. I guess when you are dealing with a web site the web site eventually has to ask questions and get approval of a person.
    Last edited by Miway; 06-06-2018 at 12:50 PM.

The bigger issue is poor performance in share price. Despite discounted share offer and dividend re-investment I am still down the gurgler a bit on this one. My stop loss hasn't been triggered but at some point I need to pull the plug and put the money into something that offers a return on the capital I have invested.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Miway View Post
    I recently opened an "on Call" (2.5%) account with them on line. I had to have ID and proof of address etc. I was successful eventually but it took 4 days, I had to call them a couple of times to see what was happening as long delays between me submitting documents an them updating me. I guess when you are dealing with a web site the web site eventually has to ask questions and get approval of a person.
    Anti-money laundering requirements have increased. The Post Office has recently changed the post code for my address. A utility bill with the old postcode was rejected as proof despite number, street and town being the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Miway View Post
    Only four days? Lucky you, mine took over a week. Then the password supplied didn't work. So not currently holding and not currently providing them funds.

Yes their systems seem archaic, took me days and goodness knows how many rejected photos, to open an investment account, finally it matured and is now in an online call account, but im still not able to get into it.
    Because i dont have a printer they snail mailed me some more forms, i returned them, now i guess they will post me a password. If i wasnt a shareholder, id have given up trying to open an account.
    I suspect many people would do.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    Only four days? Lucky you, mine took over a week. Then the password supplied didn't work. So not currently holding and not currently providing them funds.
    I just took everything like bills, passports etc in to one of their offices and the nice man did everything (i did have to fill in a few forms) in a few minutes and I left with an account number and a password ...along with a few pens and a cap.

They’ve closed that office now .....things more efficient online and by phone they say.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The bigger issue is poor performance in share price. Despite discounted share offer and dividend re-investment I am still down the gurgler a bit on this one. My stop loss hasn't been triggered but at some point I need to pull the plug and put the money into something that offers a return on the capital I have invested.
    I am in a similar situation with HBL, when you find something else, do let me know

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Sell straight away and move on.
    I good number of us who brought at between 60 cents and $1.00 love HBL's increasing fully imputed divies.No matter whether the share price goes up or down,they just keep on increasing,and will do so for the foreseeable future.