sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Share price will resume normal resumption (upwards) tomorrow or Thursday once Forbar and Craig’s send out a note to their clients saying it was a strong result

That’s how the game works

No worries
    Guess they are like me, expecting a very strong second half,as HBL maintain their strong lending growth.

Jeff has said numerous times Heartlands fortunes are tied to the general state of the economy, ie GDP growth

Westpac economists view of the future are bit dismal (chart)

Probably why Jeff wants to see more profits coming out of Australia

What a load of the old proverbial - Westpac forecast or Jeff’s Statement it just my interpretation of both. Never mind ...little can go wrong with Heartland
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Marketing - I can't tell if Heartland are actively looking at promoting themselves to New Zealand as an alternative option to the bigger banks and building societies. Would be great to see some positive marketing material and reaching out to New Zealanders. I am a big fan of New Zealand having their own bank and a strong one, keeping profits and jobs in New Zealand. Year on year this business has been doing a great deal of good for local economies and it is highly commendable. Wonder if they hooked up with some of the retirement villages and got some old money coming in to the bank. I'm sure a lot of the wiser citizens would prefer to keep things nationally when it comes to banking and New Zealand operated businesses.
    Last edited by Food4Thought; 21-02-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Another thing is the increase in operating costs due to the new banking systems "teething issues". From experience, these software projects can get out of hand and developers can sniff out and fare to make a handsome sum if you contract out to a 3rd party to help.
    if I was using Oracle I would be nervous. What if Larry wanted to buy another Hawaiian Island and started looking around for someone to help pay for it.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quite a few punters reckon that that Slide 17 is code for Tainui / Ngai Tahu come and get us.

Didn’t one of the high flying blue eyed stars of Heartland management leave a few years ago to join Tainui?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Quite a few punters reckon that that Slide 17 is code for Tainui / Ngai Tahu come and get us.

Didn’t one of the high flying blue eyed stars of Heartland management leave a few years ago to join Tainui?
    The South African ANC party would be proud of that slide, that's definitely not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The South African ANC party would be proud of that slide, that's definitely not a good thing.
    Whats with having 2 women on that slide. That is 100% of people shown are women. maybe 50% ar LFBTIFNGH, maybe 50% identify as Maori, Maybe 50% are missing a limb. But sure as heck there is 0% male representation and that's not diversity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Whats with having 2 women on that slide. That is 100% of people shown are women. maybe 50% ar LFBTIFNGH, maybe 50% identify as Maori, Maybe 50% are missing a limb. But sure as heck there is 0% male representation and that's not diversity.
    Further more, the 100% of woman in that slide are from one race only.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    And nothing wrong with a 6.388% gross dividend yield . Better to own the bank than lend to it -
    Not a stellar yield by any stretch of the imagination though.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Interesting how quickly market sentiment changes in the mind of investors. Winners become losers, and sure things turn sour overnight. I thought this one was overvalued at $2.10 and it has come down a touch. Although in current conditions I don't see this going all the way down to the other side of the spectrum, it could stay in limbo for a while.

A few things that interested me is this shift in impairment upwards. I'm not sure if HBL have started writing up more loans resulting in a greater % coming back requiring impairment, or diversifying their risk appetite upwards because they are in a better position to do it with their recent capital raise. A bit of both probably.

Another thing is the increase in operating costs due to the new banking systems "teething issues". From experience, these software projects can get out of hand and developers can sniff out and fare to make a handsome sum if you contract out to a 3rd party to help.

I do however like the operating activity growth in the cash flow statement, which some shows that the growth happening is real and not just non cash movements masquerading as real growth. What comes with that of course is greater expenditure.

I'm not too obsessed with price with this one but I wouldn't be jumping in just yet. I believe if this goes down to 1.50 or 1.60 again I'll be accumulating again.
    Good post. That's where I might be interested in it again if I can get my head around their apparent obsession with one particular ethnicity.

Exactly. To promote one ethnicity above others, is NOT encouraging diversity per se when just by way of example our Asian friends make up a FAR greater percentage of the population. This in my opinion is quite unbecoming of a bank that wants to build credibility. I have never seen any other publicly listed company print part of its annual report in Maori either. Political correctness gone mad ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-02-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Do you think Chairman Geoffrey and Chief Jeff have lost the plot with this sort of stuff. God knows where it will end up.

Both been around too long maybe and past their best and losing focus on what’s important ...time for them to move on so sanity can prevail?

If they stay just imagine what this slide (and extra ones) will look like at the next presentation.