sharetrader

Whilst we are all aware of the recent downward trend of Heartland - my take is this is not specific to Heartland, with many shares significantly down - many got ahead of themselves including Heartland.

There are also macro headwinds such as the Royal commission, with Heartland getting unfairly wrapped up in the negative bank sentiment. This will pass however is dragging on a bit.

But if anything Heartland has made positive moves towards further growth - chasing the Reverse Mortgage market, which is even better with major competitors exiting this market.

I surmise Heartland fore sore impending difficult conditions and has focused on chasing proven and accelerating growth sectors, hence the restructure.

Discl - Holder and investor from the beginning.

Each to their own.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Fred_Rubble View Post
    Whilst we are all aware of the recent downward trend of Heartland - my take is this is not specific to Heartland, with many shares significantly down - many got ahead of themselves including Heartland.

There are also macro headwinds such as the Royal commission, with Heartland getting unfairly wrapped up in the negative bank sentiment. This will pass however is dragging on a bit.

But if anything Heartland has made positive moves towards further growth - chasing the Reverse Mortgage market, which is even better with major competitors exiting this market.

I surmise Heartland fore sore impending difficult conditions and has focused on chasing proven and accelerating growth sectors, hence the restructure.

Discl - Holder and investor from the beginning.

Each to their own.
    Well recent research [latest out today] from NZ's two lending brokers agrees with you.
    So do I.
    We are "well positioned."

Goodness gracious me ......HGH on a real roll

Who knows might be a double headed head and shoulders pattern ....does such a beast exist

Onwards and upwards ..possibly Aussie investors catching on the potential here
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Who knows might be a double headed head and shoulders pattern ....does such a beast exist

End of month squaring up today could be having an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Thats the beauty of a new ticker / HGH chart. Its well off the low and rapidly approaching all time high. Happy days.

Dairy prices up a tad overnight ....HGH share price upna tad this week

Spooky
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Aust news report on the dangers of reverse mortgages. HGH is going to have to tread very carefully.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Aust news report on the dangers of reverse mortgages. HGH is going to have to tread very carefully.
    Heartland have been treading very carefully.So carefully they are recommended by Consumer.
    To get a REL you have to have legal and family consent.
    Heartland has to explain fully what happens if you need to go into care,want to sell your house and move into a smaller house,etc, etc.
    The process takes a month or more, and that is one of the major reasons the major banks are exiting this sector.

Membaa

Interesting how few loans referenced in that article (small market for the size of Oz?) and the ASIC comments to avoid! No wonder the big banks shying away, they're experts at risk avoidance.

I've not thought too much about Heartlands foray into the Oz market as I've been solely focused on monitoring the SP for a decent re entry price. But now I'm wondering whether it's becoming one of those 'ethical investment' questions.

Much to ponder.

To Percy, no need to respond, you're thoughts are well publicised.

I'm interested though what others think. Is this a market and company worth investing in for the long term. I'm having doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Heartland have been treading very carefully.So carefully they are recommended by Consumer.
    Oh no - wheres that thread that was going to be set up on Consumer. I value Consumers view less than I do a Brokers