sharetrader

The new graphic Heartland Group are using in presos is pretty cool .....captures the essence of being a Group ...good communication ..... and aren't the green (Heartland green of course) doors rather cute

Might be seductive ...but seems to be scaring the punters off ...hopefully not into the 140's this week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    HGH's Investor Day Presentation is a must read.Reverse Equity Loans fully explained.
    Perhaps a kind poster will post the link here.
    I see the 20 million Aussie bond issue is being paid back......but hgh went to Aussie to exspand the investor base not diminish it.....so why...cba bank finances hgh reverse mortgages but wants out of the reverse market next January....one plus one equals three...hgh buys cba banks reverse mortgage book and hgh borrows the money from cba
    Bank.....failing that they bid for turners lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The new graphic Heartland Group are using in presos is pretty cool .....captures the essence of being a Group ...good communication ..... and aren't the green (Heartland green of course) doors rather cute

Might be seductive ...but seems to be scaring the punters off ...hopefully not into the 140's this week
    It was seductive enough to get me! After being absent from the share registe since April 2017 I decided to take the plunge at $1.50... and it seems I'm already losing money a few hours after buying
    Not losing as much as those insto'sthat snapped up shares at $2+ about a year ago...

Banned

This and TRA are running neck and neck in the Mutt race to the bottom, sitting on a couple of very large paper losses.PS-Only stocks I'm enjoying at the moment are A2 and HLG, complete opposites in every way yet they have both done me proud.

Sold out my remaining shareholding this morning (got rid of 30% a month ago at $1.68). A bit sorry to do so, this was one of my first serious investments when I started three years ago, but with the SP showing no signs of slowing it's downward trend it was time to pull the trigger before I got into loss territory.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I see the 20 million Aussie bond issue is being paid back......but hgh went to Aussie to expand the investor base not diminish it.....so why...cba bank finances hgh reverse mortgages but wants out of the reverse market next January....one plus one equals three...hgh buys cba banks reverse mortgage book and hgh borrows the money from cba
    Bank.....failing that they bid for turners lol
    Ziggy, it is 'Heartland Bank' (HBL) that is paying back the $20m Aussie bond. You correctly point out that HGH is on a mission to expand in Australia. Rest assured that the HBL bond will be replaced with an equivalent HGH bond, and further out, yet more HGH bonds. If HGH held bonds in the name of a bank, then the Aussie Reserve bank would want to take a look as would the NZ Reserve bank (because HBL is NZ based). So best to keep everything away from those pesky regulators by getting the word 'bank' out of the bonds. IIRC all this was signalled in the proposed corporate restructuring document that all shareholders voted on.

Where did you see that CBA are pulling out of reverse mortgages in Australia in January? That is sensational news because they are by far the largest player in Reverse Mortages in Australia. I doubt if Heartland (HGH) could buy them out without a significant capital raising. But CBA may elect to keep their existing REL book, and not take on any new business like Westpac did when they exited the REL market IIRC. It could be that CBA , in the future, will act to securitize HGH Reverse mortgages in Australia. That would effectively on sell the REL risk to third parties.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 20-11-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Ziggy, it is 'Heartland Bank' (HBL) that is paying back the Aussie bond. You correctly point out that HGH is on a mission to expand in Australia. Rest assured that the HBL bond will be replaced with an equivalent HGH bond, and further out, yet more HGH bonds. If HGH held bonds in the name of a bank, then the Aussie Reserve bank would want to take a look as would the NZ Reserve bank (because HBL is NZ based). So best to keep everything away from those pesky regulators by getting the word 'bank' out of the bonds. IIRC all this was signalled in the proposed corporate restricting document that all shareholders voted on.

Where did you see that CBA are pulling out of reverse mortgages in Australia in January? That is sensational news because they are by far the largest player in Reverse Mortages in Australia. I doubt if Heartland (HGH) could buy them out without a significant capital raising. CBA may elect to keep their existing REL book, and not take on any new business like Westpac did IIRC.

SNOOPY
    From the investor presentation :
    "Competitors exiting – Westpac, Macquarie (both mid 2017), and CBA have announced exit effective 1 January 2019. A few non-major bank competitors remain "

I saw it too re CBA puling out of Reverse Mtges.
    Article said will only leave a few small non bank "competitors" or something like that.
    Was Stuff or similar, cannot remember and cannot find the actual article I read, but here is one : https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...9fk20MsuvnoVnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I saw it too re CBA puling out of Reverse Mtges.
    Article said will only leave a few small non bank "competitors" or something like that.
    Was Stuff or similar, cannot remember and cannot find the actual article I read, but here is one : https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...9fk20MsuvnoVnt
    Was in the latest quarterly update posted on this thread on th 19th

See forest post on 19th