sharetrader
Page 593 of 686 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 13717
  1. #11841
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    t_j me old mate .......Heartland leaving FLX for dead this week

    You might get to breakeven on HGH well before FXL etops going down

    Must be a better than 'expected' result coming up for Heartland
    And a far far worse than 'expected' result coming up for FXL - must be, otherwise share price would be 2x high as the $1.30 it hit briefly today. We'll find out about both in around a months time I suppose.

  2. #11842
    Senior Member Marilyn Munroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Below is a link to a web page about reverse mortgages. It is from an American perspective and dating back to just before the global financial crises. It is well written and recommended reading for those who want to know what a reverse mortgage is.

    https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2...rditorial.html

    Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

  3. #11843
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Below is a link to a web page about reverse mortgages. It is from an American perspective and dating back to just before the global financial crises. It is well written and recommended reading for those who want to know what a reverse mortgage is.

    https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2...rditorial.html

    Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Or youi could just read about it on teh HGH website "
    What is a reverse mortgage?
    A reverse mortgage is like a normal home loan that has been designed for the needs of seniors. It allows people aged 60 and over to release home equity to live a more comfortable retirement.

    Importantly, you continue to own and live in your home for as long as you wish, continuing to enjoy the benefits of your community, social network, and family memories.

    How does it work?
    Unlike a standard mortgage, you don’t need to make regular repayments. Instead, interest is calculated on the balance outstanding, and added monthly to your loan. Voluntary repayments can be made at any time, which reduces the balance and interest charged.

    The total loan amount, including accumulated interest, is repayable when you move permanently from your home; this could occur when you sell your property, move into long-term care or pass away.

    To be eligible, you need to be aged 60 or over, own your own home outright, or have a standard mortgage that can be paid off by the reverse mortgage. The amount you can access depends on your age, and the value of your home.

    What about the costs?
    In addition to the interest on your loan, there will be fees and charges for setting up the loan, which are dependent on what options you select. These can be paid out of your loan at settlement. You can find out more about our fees and mortgage rates on the resources page.

    It is a requirement that you seek and receive independent legal advice on the loan agreement issued by Heartland from a solicitor of your choice. The cost for this could also be paid out of your loan."

  4. #11844
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,347

    Default

    Dairy prices rising and Heartland share price rising

    Farmers and Heartland shareholders happy

    The recent shareprice low of 132 will never be seen again

    Good news coming soon
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  5. #11845
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dairy prices rising and Heartland share price rising

    Farmers and Heartland shareholders happy

    The recent shareprice low of 132 will never be seen again

    Good news coming soon
    Hard to believe the rise in dairy prices is also causing the Australian banks' share prices to rise too;ANZ,CBA,NAB and WBC.?
    Not a lot of people know that,and even fewer believe it.!..
    Last edited by percy; 16-01-2019 at 07:35 AM.

  6. #11846
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hard to believe the rise in dairy prices is also causing the Australian banks' share prices to rise too;ANZ,CBA,NAB and WBC.?
    Not a lot of people know that,and even fewer believe it.!..
    So you saying that Heartland share price rises and falls in line with those dastardly Australia banks — it’s own shareprice nothing to do how good (or bad) Heartland is. Maybe Heartland is seen as evil as well.

    I believe that
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  7. #11847
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So you saying that Heartland share price rises and falls in line with those dastardly Australia banks — it’s own shareprice nothing to do how good (or bad) Heartland is. Maybe Heartland is seen as evil as well.

    I believe that
    Yes,
    However you must remember it will change,because time is the friend of a good share and the enemy of a poor share.
    Had you read my previous posts on this thread, you would be well aware I have pointed out HGH do not face the same issues as the Australian Banks.
    Being tard with the same brush as the Australian Banks offers a window of opportunity for an astute investor who knows the difference.
    Last edited by percy; 16-01-2019 at 11:09 AM.

  8. #11848
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    90

    Default

    In viewers opinion what is the buying range for Heartland? Is there a DCF?
    Last edited by Waiuta; 16-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    A quote attributed to Margaret Thatcher goes along the lines of
    "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."

  9. #11849
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Ive just seen this post from KW elsewhere. That last sentence is a bit spooky!!!!!

    From today's AFR

    "Bankwest and CBA have also started the new year by withdrawing reverse mortgages, the last of the major lenders to pull out of the $3.1 billion sector amid rising costs and tougher regulation.
    It will withdraw the product for new borrowers but continue for existing.
    Westpac Group, the nation's second largest lender, and Macquarie Bank, withdrew from the market about two years ago.
    A reverse mortgage borrower can take the funds from the equity in their house as a lump sum, regular income stream, cash reserve, or a combination of all three.
    CBA and Bankwest's decision to quit new lending means reverse mortgages are now only being offered by smaller lenders, such as Heartlands Seniors' Finance, IMB Bank and P&N Bank.

    The federal government is expected to enter the market with a low-cost reverse mortgage scheme that will provide an alternative to the private sector." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-01-2019 at 07:00 PM.

  10. #11850
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ive just seen this post from KW elsewhere. That last sentence is a bit spooky!!!!!

    The federal government is expected to enter the market with a low-cost reverse mortgage scheme that will provide an alternative to the private sector." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Must be referring to the expansion of the pension loan scheme https://www.smh.com.au/money/borrowi...09-p4ze6z.html

  11. #11851
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ive just seen this post from KW elsewhere. That last sentence is a bit spooky!!!!!

    From today's AFR

    "Bankwest and CBA have also started the new year by withdrawing reverse mortgages, the last of the major lenders to pull out of the $3.1 billion sector amid rising costs and tougher regulation.
    It will withdraw the product for new borrowers but continue for existing.
    Westpac Group, the nation's second largest lender, and Macquarie Bank, withdrew from the market about two years ago.
    A reverse mortgage borrower can take the funds from the equity in their house as a lump sum, regular income stream, cash reserve, or a combination of all three.
    CBA and Bankwest's decision to quit new lending means reverse mortgages are now only being offered by smaller lenders, such as Heartlands Seniors' Finance, IMB Bank and P&N Bank.

    The federal government is expected to enter the market with a low-cost reverse mortgage scheme that will provide an alternative to the private sector." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    No worries here JT

    Only limited top ups to pensions and to be taken in cash .....no lump sums that are the attraction of a proper HER scheme.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  12. #11852
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Thanks w69; for some reason i missed percys response saying much the same.The plus is less competition!

  13. #11853
    Possum in the headlights Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    16,848

    Default

    Less competition generally leads to more business at higher margins and they already have strong growth. Hmmmmm
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  14. #11854
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Less competition generally leads to more business at higher margins and they already have strong growth. Hmmmmm
    Add in "increased demand" and it ought to be a rosy looking picture.

  15. #11855
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Add in "increased demand" and it ought to be a rosy looking picture.
    No question that this part of the business is looking very rosy and exciting. The growth requires a lot of cash. That borrowing and meeting the potential new RBNZ liquidity requirements will require very careful balance sheet management. Personally I think suspension of dividend should be one of the many options considered but realise this will not happen. But maybe they could raise the DRP discount a little more to entice us SH further to sign up for it !
    Last edited by iceman; 17-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.

  16. #11856
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Less competition generally leads to more business at higher margins and they already have strong growth. Hmmmmm
    Heartland already has a banking facility with cba bank for its reverse mortgage book so why not a little more and take cba reverse mortgages off their hands....over the years as cba has less repverse mortgages left the cost to administer these will In crease so why not on sell to heartland now

  17. #11857
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Heartland already has a banking facility with cba bank for its reverse mortgage book so why not a little more and take cba reverse mortgages off their hands....over the years as cba has less repverse mortgages left the cost to administer these will In crease so why not on sell to heartland now
    Smart option Ziggy

  18. #11858
    Possum in the headlights Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    16,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Heartland already has a banking facility with cba bank for its reverse mortgage book so why not a little more and take cba reverse mortgages off their hands....over the years as cba has less repverse mortgages left the cost to administer these will In crease so why not on sell to heartland now
    My rating BBB+, Beagle Busy Buying
    Dairy prices rising nicely lately so HGH's SP is highly likely to follow. Sounds ridiculous but the historical correlation between the two provides startling evidence over a very considerable period of time supporting this rather bizarre proposition.
    Some of the American banks had a huge night overnight on Wall St, who knows, maybe HGH spending time in the doldrums,is nearly at an end.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-01-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  19. #11859
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No question that this part of the business is looking very rosy and exciting. The growth requires a lot of cash. That borrowing and meeting the potential new RBNZ liquidity requirements will require very careful balance sheet management. Personally I think suspension of dividend should be one of the many options considered but realise this will not happen. But maybe they could raise the DRP discount a little more to entice us SH further to sign up for it !
    The last DRP didn’t even make up for the $15m reduction in equity from the increased doubtful debt provision needed to comply with new accounting standards
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  20. #11860
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The last DRP didn’t even make up for the $15m reduction in equity from the increased doubtful debt provision needed to comply with new accounting standards
    Comparing a "one off" [to comply with new accounting standards] to an "ongoing" DRP is misleading.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •