sharetrader
    Banned

This is what i like to hear!!

The Group remains capable of declaring an interim dividend at half year in line with previous‘usual’ dividends, should performance and conditions be supportive. Once the RBNZ restrictionsare removed, subject to the usual prudential considerations, a return to historical pay-out ratiosis expected.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    RaboBank accounts also have an 03 prefix. I've been banking with RaboBank for many years even when they were guaranteed by their Dutch parent owner and I've never seen the slightest sign that they are financially entangled with Westpac. I suspect WestPac are simply leasing space on their servers to them.
    it sounds like both Rabobank and Heartland have an arrangement with Westpac for the processing of transactions - hence the 03 prefix. Heartland also have an agreement for bricks and mortar transactions.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-11-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The pedigree hound is always happy to back his own sense for a decent feed. Looking very good so far !

Heck Winner - who are they kidding with $83-$85m, 3 times 29.9m = 89.7m so with ongoing growth they should do $90m+ !!...and they're not utilizing last year's Covid overlay.
    Hmmm...opportunity knocks !
    You've got it wrong beagle - slow down wand think when you get all excited

Heartland generally makes more in H2 than H1

So 4 months = $30m is H1 likely profit $45m and on recent H1/H2 splits gives $95m for full year ...plus ongoing strong growth gives $100m

At $100m that's an EPS of 17 cents - your 14 PE gives what as a share price ....and what size divie

Answer in Te Reo Maori please
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

This is the main points I take from it. Have to say I am finding HGH's reports more difficult to read amongst all the woke ****e they increasingly put in their reports. Have bought a few this morning.

As at the end of October, which is the first four months of FY21, NPAT is tracking at $29.9 million (versus full year guidance of $83 million - $85 million).

Margin and Costs have been maintained, with NIM and Cost Income Ratio both in line with expectations
    FY 20 dividend of 7c per share but returning to “normal” in 2021. I expect 10c
    Overall balance sheet growth has been flat. Repayments from non-core area of Relationship Lending, Open for Business (O4B) and Harmoney have offset growth in core areas of Business 4 Intermediated (up 13% per annum); Motor is up 11.5% per annum; Reverse Mortgages are up 4.4% and 11% respectively per annum in New Zealand and Australia (excluding the FX impact). Lower interest rates and customers utilising the government’s packages appear to have contributed to the level of repayments.
    Impairments way down
    Economic overlay of $9.6m not been used but kept for 2021
    Intermediated (up 13% per annum); Motor is up 11.5% per annum; Reverse Mortgages are up 4.4% and 11% respectively per annum in New Zealand and Australia (excluding the FX impact). Lower interest rates and customers utilising the government’s packages appear to have contributed to the level of repayments. Livestock is also down due to seasonality reasons.

Guru

Te Rangatahi - book 1 - 3 , published 1980 .. i await the beagle reply but i am not a translator. Ill settle for a market update ...holders since PGC until recently.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-11-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Any decent questions asked?

Banned

Yup. .I asked when the management is going to send us...royal shareholders some nice cup 🍰...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Any decent questions asked?
    What would be the opposite of a decent question? An indecent question? Haven't heard any of these ...

But if you mean with decent question anything which gets the chair to drop his chin and go into hiding ... no, haven't heard any of these either.

A number of (for an AGM) quite irrelevant questions, and some open questions to get more info about the business (but chair didn't bite - i.e. not successful) - otherwise pretty relaxed affair, really.

NZSA asked whether the board should work on improving its digital competency level - and they said that they are good enough above the bonnet :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So do you know for certain that it is a wholesale agreement and not merely and agreement use Westpac branches as agents? Have you got any links? Surely the agreement should be available to the public if an account holder is affected by Westpac operations?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_code

"New Zealand has a 6-digit prefix identical to Australia's BSB code, and although they appear similar (e.g. ANZ bank accounts in both countries start with 01, Westpac with 03), they are not compatible. The first 2 digits indicate the bank and the next 4 digits indicate the branch. All digits, along with the seven-digit account number and two or three digit suffix, are required for all wire transfers regardless of whether the transfer is intra-bank or interbank."

The two bold bits indicate the information you are after. 03 = Westpac

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 30-11-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    What would be the opposite of a decent question? An indecent question? Haven't heard any of these ...

But if you mean with decent question anything which gets the chair to drop his chin and go into hiding ... no, haven't heard any of these either.

A number of (for an AGM) quite irrelevant questions, and some open questions to get more info about the business (but chair didn't bite - i.e. not successful) - otherwise pretty relaxed affair, really.

NZSA asked whether the board should work on improving its digital competency level - and they said that they are good enough above the bonnet :
    Good question that was ..and the response is a bit of worry ....signs of arrogance and even complacency

S’pose it was about their pretend online banking app.
    Last edited by winner69; 30-11-2020 at 04:06 PM.