sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    An interesting article in the Herald today, behind the paywall, about the big banks muscling in on Heartlands turf in the "business relationships" sector. SOunds like Heartland has accepted they can not compete, much like they did with mortgages some years ago and now focus instead on "intermediated business", i.e. selling through brokers like they do with the car loans.
    Shows once again that Heartland has to keep permanently agile and quick off the mark in response to the big banks and come up with new solutions.
    This has been working in HGH's favour for sometime now.HGH getting out of large "business relationship" lending, and replacing them with a lot of smaller loans.This works two ways for HGH,reduces risks, and increases margins.HGH "Open 4 business" is growing very fast too.
    HGH always avoid going into the big banks' sectors.We have seen them reduce large rural mortgages lending,and recycling the funds into shorter term, and more profitable livestock lending.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This has been working in HGH's favour for sometime now.HGH getting out of large "business relationship" lending, and replacing them with a lot of smaller loans.This works two ways for HGH,reduces risks, and increases margins.HGH "Open 4 business" is growing very fast too.
    HGH always avoid going into the big banks' sectors.We have seen them reduce large rural mortgages lending,and recycling the funds into shorter term, and more profitable livestock lending.
    Quick response percy ..beat me too it

Yep, gets them away from the temptation in building relationships with the likes of Christina Domecq-directed firms ...and they were fortunate with their relationship with Sea Dragon eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Absolutely right Percy. Been going on for 18 months or so and Heartland has reacted positively. Good that the loans being written instead are smaller and more widely spread, $100k or so on average, but using intermediaries makes them a bit more expensive to write. But on last numbers we are still with a very healthy NIM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Quick response percy ..beat me too it

Yep, gets them away from the temptation in building relationships with the likes of Christina Domecq-directed firms ...and they were fortunate with their relationship with Sea Dragon eh
    Sea Dragon.I note Mark Stewart's company Ziwi Peak, won some big export award recently.At least that business is going gangbusters for him.
    Now try following this.
    SEA's market cap today is what PAZ's was a few years ago,and
    PAZ's market cap today is what SEA's was a few years ago.................................lol.
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2019 at 09:57 AM.

percy

From this week's taking stock on www.chrislee.co.nz
    "HGH shareholders will be quietly enjoying growing profits,growing dividends,and growing confidence in the direction the company is committing to."

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    From this week's taking stock on www.chrislee.co.nz
    "HGH shareholders will be quietly enjoying growing profits,growing dividends,and growing confidence in the direction the company is committing to."
    Amen.. = So be it.. I believe..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Amen.. = So be it.. I believe..
    Can they/ do they short heartland....just noticed some big buy/sell orders last few days .late in the day...seems to keep price in the$ 1.58 range.....I see last 5 days used for drp average but would they manipulate that......will sink a few bourbons while I wait for reply...no hurry lol

Pretty good month for HGH. Doesn't feel like it but I checked and they're down 3.5% for the month, (up 0.5% counting the 6.5 cent fully imputed dividend they shed).
    This compares to the NZX50 down 3% for the month and according to CNBC this morning the financials as a sector in the US down 12% in August.
    Moral of the story, when it feels like you're on a road to nowhere check the landscape around you to see how you're really travelling relative to other alternatives.
    Nothing wrong with 8.8% fully imputed gross yield especially as it grows slowly over the years ahead.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/340177

"Heartland Group Holdings Limited (Heartland) (NZX/ASX: HGH) advises that the strike price for shares to be issued under its Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) in lieu of the cash dividend payable on 6 September 2019 is $1.54446002 per share."

I presume that like me you are all disappointed with that 2 millionths of a cent at the end and were hoping for at least 5.
    om mani peme hum

percy

Think it will affect the big end of town the most.