sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Somebody offered you 20% pa guaranteed return forever you’d ask ‘what’s the catch’

That’s what Heartland Group is offering
    So - what's the catch?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - what's the catch?
    Maybe because it’s too good to be true
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe because it’s too good to be true
    I guess the trick is to get out before the story stops to be true ;
    ----

percy

Like buying any asset the skill is in the buying.
    That's where the big money is made.
    Those of us who brought into HGH between 60 cents and a $1, are enjoying our successful investment,and our dividend yield on purchase price is outstanding.
    "Time is the friend of any good investment".In HGH's case ,time is proving a great friend.
    Last edited by percy; 17-11-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Like buying any asset the skill is in the buying.
    That's where the big money is made.
    Those of us who brought into HGH between 60 cents and a $1, are enjoying our successful investment,and our dividend yield on purchase price is outstanding.
    "Time is the friend of any good investment".In HGH's case ,HGH is proving a great friend.
    While it is true that well timed buying is crucial - it is only half of the story.

Buy and hold might be a valid strategy for some shares for certain time periods ... but there are not too many shares I can think about where it would have been a great strategy for ever ... and even "ever" would be only limited to the current date. Who knows what the future brings for these companies.

It is always a good idea to know when to get out as well.

Just check how many of the companies listed 25 years ago on the NZX are still around ... for all the others there would have been a good time to leave instead of waiting for their demise ;

Didn't you own at some stage EVO - are you still holding? And one could argue that with TRA there would have been an amazing opportunity to sell well north of $3 ...

Ah well, we all make mistakes - but this is probably for a different thread - and just for clarity: I don't think that now would be a good idea to get out of HGH (though ... last year there was, even if it had at that stage still a different ticker).
    ----

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    While it is true that well timed buying is crucial - it is only half of the story.

Buy and hold might be a valid strategy for some shares for certain time periods ... but there are not too many shares I can think about where it would have been a great strategy for ever ... and even "ever" would be only limited to the current date. Who knows what the future brings for these companies.

It is always a good idea to know when to get out as well.

Just check how many of the companies listed 25 years ago on the NZX are still around ... for all the others there would have been a good time to leave instead of waiting for their demise ;

Didn't you own at some stage EVO - are you still holding? And one could argue that with TRA there would have been an amazing opportunity to sell well north of $3 ...

Ah well, we all make mistakes - but this is probably for a different thread - and just for clarity: I don't think that now would be a good idea to get out of HGH (though ... last year there was, even if it had at that stage still a different ticker).
    Sell your losers,hang on and add to your winners.
    Works just fine for me.

ps.Yes held EVO and MCK.No longer hold either.
    pps.Even held some Mad Butcher.[for a week before I saw sense].
    Last edited by percy; 13-11-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sell your losers,hang on and add to your winners.
    Works just fine for me.
    A key is also to know when the winners have suddenly become losers too - and to follow what are the company insiders are doing.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A key is also to know when the winners have suddenly become losers too - and to follow what are the company insiders are doing.
    Agreed.
    If the reason you brought in no longer applies,be gone.
    Yet with the big winners the "story" just keeps on getting better,as we are seeing with HGH..
    Last edited by percy; 13-11-2019 at 11:53 AM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Jeff put in a good effort answering shareholders written questions, which were intelligently formulated. Australia was a big theme from the shareholder quizzers. The tide of baby boomers retiring is too hard to resist as a business opportunity. Jeff announced that Heartland's securitization facility was now up to a potential total of $1.05billion, which is quite a lift from the $650m maximum headroom at balance date. We were told the board just yesterday on top of this approved the issue of another $A100m of Aussie wholesale bonds, bringing potential funding from that source up to a total of $A150m. Plenty of capital available in the meantime for Australia, but will it last?

Jeff's big push for the future will be in the digital space. Digital in Heartland terms means being flexible and fast. What you will be seeing is a real world manifestation of the quantum theory based Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Just when you have located Jeff, blink and he will suddenly vanish, having moved on to the next project.
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...gh.nzx-344296/

I can't criticise Jeff for hanging about. On Tuesday at the AGM he announced an expansion of the $A bond program, with a proposal approved by the board to add an extra $100m. Less than 48 hours later the deal is done! I would like to shake Jeff's hand! But if I did that, I'd be fairly sure I would be left holding nothing but a glove and Jeff would have already disappeared on to his next appointment.

How does raising this new mortgage backing money in one huge lump tie in with the AGM assertion of 'just in time' financing though? Is Jeff really writing $A100m of new reverse mortgage business in Australia this week?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 14-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Just in time had a very different meaning when it was to meet The Reserve Bank of NZ requirements for Heartland Bank.Think months.
    Just in time for Heartland Bank today can mean HGH top up the bank's requirements possibly overnight.........................Think hours.
    Just in time for HGH to meet lenders capital requirements,may mean months or possibly years.Think plenty of time for a rights issue if needed.

ps.I thought you did shake Jeff's hand,I did not notice you losing any body parts.!
    Last edited by percy; 14-11-2019 at 02:05 PM.