sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Keep safe down there Percy.....pray for Christchurch
    My daughter and granddaughter are leaving just now to see whether they can get home.
    Their street and the motorway are closed off while the army work on the bomb.
    I think we all feel very distressed,and upset for all the families who have lost loved ones.
    Words seem to fail me,what ever you write,is just so inadequate.

ps.Daughter has just rung,they are allowed in,but not allowed to go out.
    Last edited by percy; 15-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Yes, the Christchurch event has been terrible - and there is now a special thread for it: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...541#post751541

Happier days at HGH - from a TA perspective the SP passed on the 4th of March over the MA100 - and so far stayed above it (MA100 currently at $1.48). All upwards from here.

If you want to share some of your joy with those in need ... maybe consider to give a small (or large) portion of your HGH dividends to the victims families ... you can't bring back the family they lost due to the actions of a sick madman (or two or three), but the last thing they now need is financial hardship due to this terrorist attack.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/news/16-03-...m-communities/
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

According to InvestSmart reverse mortgage lenders in Oz are now only IMB, Heartland Seniors’ Finance, and P&N Bank.

A key "competitor" is the Pension Loans Scheme (PLS) run through the Department of Human Services but this is currently only available to age pension recipients. This changes from 1 July 2019 when the PLS becomes open to all retirees including self-funded retirees, with the maximum payment worth 150% of the full age pension.

Hopefully not too much to the detriment of HGH.

percy

PLS only offer pension top ups,not lump sums,so not competition.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    AU $ 50mil medium term note issue should help fund a good few more Aussie RELs.
    Yes, except this bond is ostensibly to replace the $100m Heartland Bank Bond for the same purpose that was paid back. So what does this mean?

Either:

1/ Growth in the Australian REM business is only half what was expected a year ago when the Heartland bank Bond was issued? OR
    2/ A $50m bond was all they could get away. So half of the future growth in Australia will have to be funded by HGH shareholders in New Zealand instead?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

No I think it is only part [or a start] of their Australian funding program.
    Borrowing in Australia for Australian lending.
    The $50mil replaces the $20mil HGH repaid when they restructured.
    Last edited by percy; 19-03-2019 at 06:04 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No I think it is only part [or a start] of their Australian funding program.
    Borrowing in Australia for Australian lending.
    The $50mil replaces the $20mil HGH repaid when they restructured.
    Quite right percy. I don't know why I had $100m stuck in my head. The repaid bond was indeed $A20m. So if they are raising $A50m, growth in Australian REMs must be ahead of previous plans. Team Geoff and Jeff have come through again!

Of course there have been sacrifices along the way. Jeff started with a full head of hair at Heartland. And now he can't go near a billiard saloon for fear of being struck by an errant cue. I guess that makes him harder to distinguish from some of those other more senior directors too. Never been to a Heartland AGM, but I guess Jeff is easy to spot. The director wearing the superman cape?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 19-03-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Jeff Greenslade used to be a "nervous" presenter.Nowdays he is relaxed,and open. AGMs he does not give much away,however try, if you can, to get to a HGH presentation.
    He and Chris Flood "open up" and I always come away having learnt a good deal.
    Perhaps you could email either Greenslade or Flood ,and ask to be put on a mailing list for their next ChCh presentation.
    Chris Flood's email is chris.flood@heartland.co.nz
    Last edited by percy; 19-03-2019 at 08:56 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Quite right percy. I don't know why I had $100m stuck in my head. The repaid bond was indeed $A20m. So if they are raising $A50m, growth in Australian REMs must be ahead of previous plans. Team Geoff and Jeff have come through again!

Of course there have been sacrifices along the way. Jeff started with a full head of hair at Heartland. And now he can't go near a billiard saloon for fear of being struck by an errant cue. I guess that makes him harder to distinguish from some of those other more senior directors too. Never been to a Heartland AGM, but I guess Jeff is easy to spot. The director wearing the superman cape?

SNOOPY
    I wonder whether you will get a $100mil bond issue this time.?

Hope so...we need something to "supercharge" the growth. I think this is a smart way to do just that and not be eps dilutive.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine