sharetrader
Page 1731 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 7311231163116811721172717281729173017311732173317341735 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,310 of 17404
    Advanced Member

I took up my allotment but I'm more miffed at the fact that my bank (Kiwibank) charged me $5 for a new Direct Debit authority when Linkmarket Services took the money out.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I took up my allotment but I'm more miffed at the fact that my bank (Kiwibank) charged me $5 for a new Direct Debit authority when Linkmarket Services took the money out.
    maybe account type?

i didn’t have this issue with it taken through kiwibank account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    maybe account type?

i didn’t have this issue with it taken through kiwibank account
    I did not pay either, but I have paid in the past.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I will be joining you today, putting a few shekels in the Heartland kitty, as we 'get one back on the Aussies' by taking over one of their banks. I am actually feeling surprisingly good about it. It is something to do with the share price discounting down to a buck, I think, and the realisation that I am now underwater with my investment in Heartland. So rather than bolstering my investment , it feels more like giving to a charity to help out the poor - in this case me!

I am also feeling a bit of nostalgia, thinking back to the day that when you applied for shares in a cash issue, you actually got a shiny new share certificate in the mail. These days, you just log into your share registry account and see a whole lot of numbers, with one of the entries showing an uptick in shares held, being representative of the cash issue you have just supported. Nice, but it just isn't the same .

So I got to thinking. With Jeff having announced his retirement, and this cash issue act being the final piece in the Aussie expansion project, I think we shareholders that are supporting this cash issue deserve a badge. Nothing too flashy mind you, Just something we could pin to the lapel of our jacket. The face of the badge would contain a simple slogan:

" 'On ya Jeff"

Short for: "Good on you Jeff". It would be a fitting send off for the man who stewarded through the process of combining the rag tag of finance companies, building societies and money clubs, into the Heartland bank we know today. And then as we shareholders walked around the town we could give each other a nod and a wink, knowing that we were part of the 'team Heartland' that has "done good."

Of course, I realise that not all shareholders have been happy about the way this capital raising has been carried out in particular, and the way small shareholders are being diluted at a discounted price in favour of the big institutions. So here is where the cleverness of my proposed slogan comes in.

" 'On ya Jeff" could also stand for "It's all on you Jeff". You were the one who discounted our share equity away, while giving that discounted deal to the big boys. So it is your fault: "It is all on you Jeff, you ratbag."

So you see the slogan " 'On ya Jeff" satisfies both camps. Those who are happy with Jeff getting one back for the kiwis taking over an Australian bank. And those that are angry about the financial shenanigans and hoops the small shareholders had to jump through to get there. But in the end, we could all unite together under a single slogan and be happy! What do you think? Anyone game to put this 'badge idea' forward as a special resolution to the board ?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 18-04-2024 at 04:06 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On Ya Jeff could also, decades from now, be slang for epic failure equal to homelessness?

Should be

kei runga koe jeff

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Should be

kei runga koe jeff
    What was Jeff up to? Perhaps Pai ki a Koe, a Jeff!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-04-2024 at 08:06 AM.

One of the sheet shares of the year... anyone wants my allotment?

Or it can be 'oh ya Jeff, fuk U..thanks for destroying the Sp'
    Last edited by X-men; 18-04-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Give Jeff his due - he realises he has taken Heartland as far as his skill set, experience and energy level can take the group to.

It takes a big & courageous person with strong inner self-confidence and deep conviction to hand the reins of a company he has largely built to another person.

Another person who he hopes can now take HGH to the next decade of growth and increased profitability. I suspect an Australian will take up that role given that Australia is where HGH sees its best growth potential at this stage.

I have my reservations about any NZ company going over to Australia as far too many good NZ companies went over and got their backsides kicked all the way back to NZ, requiring their NZ shareholders to suffer horrendous losses. Unfortunately the NZ companies without proper appreciations of what they face in Australia (big fish from small pond becomes small fish in big pond) and how rough the Aussie companies play.

There are success stories too for sure - Nufarm, A2M, Serko, Hallensteins, Michael Hill, Xero, Smart Pay to name a few but far too many (Telecom, Air NZ, Warehouse, FBU and SKC - which have lost billions of dollars for shareholders, but of greater concern to HGH, financial players like Tower, BNZ, NZI, Equiticorp, Chase which went over and went broke.

So here’s hoping that HGH has done its homework and assessment well and will have a new CEO who will execute its Australian strategy well while keeping NZ safe and profitable.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-04-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Balance, hope you're joking about an Aussie leading the group?? Kiwis end up leading the big aussie banks often enough. Perhaps because kiwi banks are more profitable. Maybe kiwis are just better bankers than the aussies? Chris Flood would be the obvious choice. Looks like a well orchestrated succession plan to me. Chris leading NZ, then leading Aus & now will lead the group.

I dont really see the risk in moving into aussie. They are already there and making truck loads of money. Now they are there with a bank license and will make even more money through great NIM. No doubt they will soon be offering asset finance to completement the reverse mortgages and livestock stuff. This is what they know well and do better than everyone else.

Im not a holder but hope to be around $1 (or under )