sharetrader

3.55% for 5 years
    HGH will do well out of that.
    Who invests at that rate.?

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    3.55% for 5 years
    Fixed interest investors who don't understand the Reserve Bank's open banking resolution and who have no idea that fixed interest also involves a very small degree of risk. Fantastic outcome for shareholders.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

3.55% for 5 years
    Not me - prefer to own part of the bank at close to 8% gross dividend plus a healthy capital gain. But plenty of reverse mortgages will be written at a much higher rate than 3.55%. NIM should be healthy this year.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Banned

3.55% for 5 years

Kiwisave fundies....with conservative sector....also investor that looking for fixed income and safe place to put thier money. Not everyone like to invest in the shares. Or hknow how to invest in share

Membaa

Nice run up on SP, hope you’re also on board, this is one of those TA gifts that I have to admit the FAs saw a tad earlier than moi, but healthy gains already and a divi on top. All good for the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Strike price for the Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) in lieu of the cash dividend payable on 29 March 2019 is announced today as $1.4709 per share. I am happy with that. Likewise we get the compounding effect of more shares to take part in the next dividend, similar to the effect of the September 2018 dividend as reported on by Beagle,

I wonder how 'canny' those investors who received shares at $1.625 in the September dividend payment are feeling now though?

"Och Jock, I canny understand where all the promise of last years earnings went, that saw me accept shares at $1.625!"

I notice the HGH share price retreated to the HGH DRP price today. Not much arbitrage their for those who tried to exploit it.

SNOOPY
    Posted 253/19

This drip thingy looking more canny than a hungry Beagle now isn't it especially the extra shares at $1.47 very recently
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-04-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Look forward to the SP ascending back above the capital raise in 2017 @ $1.70 and the highest DRIP to date @ $1.77 in April 2018 - 1 year ago.

Long may the SP appreciation continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 253/19

This drip thingy looking more canny than a hungry Beagle now isn't it especially the extra shares at $1.47 very recently
    Happy days. With todays SP I am back in positive territory with the DRP a bit of cream on top. Onwards and upwards from here.

percy

Some notes from tonights HGH presentation.
    Thank you Hobson Wealth.
    Presenters Jeff Greensalade CEO HGH,and Chris Flood CEO Heartland Bank.
    Motor vehicle lending.The 16% increase in motor vehicle lending was mainly because new car frachises promoted lending on new cars,ie one third now,one third in a year's time and one third in 2 years time.Therefore the average size loan increased from $18,000 to $23,000 and the loan security improved.Main dealerships are Holden and Jaguar/Land Rover.HGH are talking to other new vehicle franchises.
    Equity ratios.We know Heartland Bank will require approx 15% .To make that up HGH can top that up.HGH equity ratio.To maintain their Credit rating HGH will most probably maintain approx the current level,ie approx 13% plus.
    Business lending.Open for business growing strongly.Large business loans being replaced by more smaller loans.Again reducing risk.
    General impairments must be taken at the beginning of each loan [up front],therefore a growing business such as HGH will show higher impairments,however this does not work out as higher actual realised loan losses.[same for TRA].
    Revervse Equity Loans.HGH are still sourcing more long term funding arrangements.REL TV advertising in Australia is set to start in July.Jeff Greenslade sees still great potential in this growing market for HGH.HGH will be the only "major" REL business in Australia actively promoting RELs.
    Capital Gains Tax.Should this come into force HGH see more capital retained in the home,and the home retained longer, which will see more people using RELs to access capital.
    Both Jeff Greenslade and Chris Flood were very open and relaxed,and answered questions fully.
    No mention was made of cows,milk fat price or any breed of dogs,which meant it was a pleasant informative presentation...lol..
    Last edited by percy; 10-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Membaa

Thanks for the update percy. Did any in the audience say thank you for doing such a great job and how much they appreciate the reversal of the SP recently, alongwith the sustained divi's and DRP with a discount. HGH are looking after their investors, it would be nice to know HGH know that, and that the investors appreciate it. Sorry I couldn't attend.