sharetrader
    Banned

Dairy prices up 3.9% in global auction https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB1cve9K?m=en-nz&a=0

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Global Dairy Trade prices up again last night ....that’s good

GDT prices been trending up strongly since early November .....and the HGH shareprice has followed (as it generally does)

Weird eh ...but a ‘correlation’ that’s been in place for some time .....but a good sign for HGH shareprice next month or so.
    Yes. Additionally, all those MEL holders, many probably quite conservative dividend seekers, will be looking for somewhere to invest their gains.

Wonder if Jeff and/or his advisors did some thinking over the break and came up with a brilliant plan to extract full value for the motor division.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Master winner...if interest rate going up...will it benefits big banks?

My answer is that it does. When interest rates decline, NIM goes down, because lending rates decline quicker than deposit rates. The reverse is true when rates rise.

Someone just got 1.4 million worth. I wouldn't have minded that

Banned

Thanks. Cnbc analyst said.... interest rate will slowly raise from now on

Quote Originally Posted by KJMLimited View Post
    My answer is that it does. When interest rates decline, NIM goes down, because lending rates decline quicker than deposit rates. The reverse is true when rates rise.
    I had the impression that the problem was that certain deposit rates can't easily fall below zero. As rates fall more account types hit this barrier. This squeezes the deposit margin achieved. Its a lot less of an issue for finance companies because most of their NIM is made on the lending side and zero interest deposits are not a big source of funding for their loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I had the impression that the problem was that certain deposit rates can't easily fall below zero. As rates fall more account types hit this barrier. This squeezes the deposit margin achieved. Its a lot less of an issue for finance companies because most of their NIM is made on the lending side and zero interest deposits are not a big source of funding for their loans.
    You're right on this one for HGH, but I think it trades in line with AU banks, and their shares prices move up and down in line with their NIMs. Not a perfect relationship though. However I have seen short-term rates move up this week at two banks - 0.25 bps in one case, with the same bank offering a record low mortgage rate. Mayne just a short-term attempt to capture market share.

Bull break of the 170 resistance. US financials have been performing very strongly in the last week so suspect this is a catalyst. Next strong resistance level is around 190.