sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Wow Beagle.....you have described my perfect investment. Gives me some comfort for my oversized holding...10% of my portfolio.
    Thanks !
    LOL, you're welcome. There is a strong element of predictability in terms of earnings growth for sure. Not many companies have the ability to accurately predict next years earnings at the time of the announcement of last years ! I am a little surprised you're at 10% given your well known, (and liked by this hound) 4-6% normal maximum for any one stock. Care to expand a bit on why such an outsized, for you, holding ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The AGM now to be held in Christchurch on 12 November. I assume Percy had a quiet word with Jeff
    Offcourse.!!!.
    Just hopeful of a 4pm start.....
    Last edited by percy; 19-08-2019 at 05:39 PM.

net interest margin declined not so good but not dis similar to other banking out fits at the moment
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Offcourse.!!!.
    Just hopeful of a 4pm start.....
    NZ Trotting Cup starts about then .....a 4pm start would take away the excuse for going down for Cup Day

A 9.30 start maybe ...but AGMs are really boring anyway....only excitement over the years has been when that shareholder told Ricketts he and most of his Board were old fuddy duddies.

At least they are well on the way to fixing that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZ Trotting Cup starts about then .....a 4pm start would take away the excuse for going down for Cup Day

A 9.30 start maybe ...but AGMs are really boring anyway....only excitement over the years has been when that shareholder told Ricketts he and most of his Board were old fuddy duddies.

At least they are well on the way to fixing that
    I have never ever been bored at any HGH presentation,agm,or special meeting.
    Always learn a great deal.
    Comments such as "fuddy duddies" belittle the excellent people who have directed HGH so well.Not called for.I find the people that make those sort of comments stupid.
    The best one was at Ashburton agm years ago, when one senior citizen went on about DNA.Thankfully the Chairman advised her she was at the wrong meeting..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 20-08-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have never ever been bored at any HGH presentation,agm,or special meeting.
    Always learn a great deal.
    Comments such as "fuddy duddies" belittle the excellent people who have directed HGH so well.Not called for.I find the people that make those sort of comments stupid.
    The best one was at Ashburton agm years ago, when one senior citizen went on about DNA.Thankfully the Chairman advised her she was at the wrong meeting..lol.
    Wasn't me that said that ...and whether the people who say that are stupid I guess is a matter of opinion .... ...but boy was Ricketts taken aback with that comment

Maybe it did prompt the Board and Management to improve diversity and inclusivity .....such action sure has lead to great results eh

From the results announcement this bit shows that thigs are changing in Heartland

Increase in gender diversity among people in key leadership roles, currently 62.5% female and 37.5% male

And Mahi Tika, Mahi Tahi, Mahi Toa and Mahi Tipu are awesome values to have.

Seems to be working for them ....well done embracing inclusiveness

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL, you're welcome. There is a strong element of predictability in terms of earnings growth for sure. Not many companies have the ability to accurately predict next years earnings at the time of the announcement of last years ! I am a little surprised you're at 10% given your well known, (and liked by this hound) 4-6% normal maximum for any one stock. Care to expand a bit on why such an outsized, for you, holding ?
    Yep...that's a fair question...although I think I've always said that HGH was an outlier.

I've had some from their start....added a few more on any dips....was in the DRP for a while and then the dam price just kept going up.... Overtime I became confident that they would perform. Bought a few more when someone was talking them down. Never sold any (seldom do). And I "inadvertently" ended up where I am. I kick myself looking back for not re-balancing a bit when they hit greater than $2.10. But I couldn't figure out at the time what to do with the funds that I would free up that would be better than Heartland, everything was quite high then.

For the record my current portfolio:
    16 stocks < 2%
    20 stocks 2- 5.7%
    1 stocks 9.8 % today.

I have been trying to bring some of the smaller ones up towards the 5% mark.
    I am also trying to buy a few more in OZ. Topped up my Sydney Airport shares end of last year . And relative recently bought Boral and Woodside Petroleum

So I think I'm practicing what I preach pretty well. And nothing is telling me yet that it is the wrong approach.

Wet afternoon up North. Lawns done this morning. All good in the North
    Cheers
    RTM
    PS Thanks for the prompt to check the buckets they are in. Always a worthwhile exercise.